Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

MP 3352 " please wait"

I have a mp3352 wont go to ready, found HDD missing, put new one in, still "please wait"
    It will not run diagnostics.. just sits on 200
    Is this machine Toast? if so then i will have a Bagel please!!

Re: MP 3352 " please wait"

What does the logging data say? Did you format the HDD in a PC before putting it in the copier? Leave the machine running for a while and see if it comes to ready, if it doens't after a while then you could have a faulty controller.

how would i get into the data log if i cant get into any screen, service mode wont come up either
    and no i didnt format the hdd first, i never have had to, but i guess it be something to eliminate

If you leave it long enough, eventually it will get past the please wait screen. You should try this with the front door open and HDD removed, first.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Machine should come to ready with or without hdd, follow the above advice and see what happens.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP 3352 " please wait"

Never experienced this issue myself, but 88hawkfan is right that the machine should have come to ready without the HDD, so that's definitely not the problem.
    I've heard that a defective memory Dimm causes this problem -if the fuser is warming up

Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar

Probably IPU since that seems to be the biggest failure on this engine. See attached tech bulletin. rfg056887.pdf
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    I agree, let the machine run for ca. 10-15 minutes, then there will be a sc-code generated. The last time i had this problem on a "Russian", the controller was gone. The dimm´s and the HDD(!!!!) were OK.
    Greetings...

all good suggestions
    Ive been told late yesterday that the machine will not go past ready if the doc feeder isnt responding, and to my recollection the doc feeder never clicked or responded in any way, and i didnt try it without the doc feed ,
    so im off to check out this theory, it does appear that the machine took some kind of hit right by the doc feed plug in, if this is the case, then the doc feed could be posing the "im plugged in but im not here" thing causing the machine to loop?
    thanks ill be in touch

Thumbs up Re: MP 3352 " please wait"

OK heres the skinny on this whole problem
    1) un hooked doc feeder re booted to a sc670.. NIce..
    OK there was a ribbon cable out of position from when whomever stole the HDD
    2) Hooked up doc feeder installed hdd screen came up but not to ready to copy..Formatted the HDD, shut the machien down, un plugged it reset it back up and presto ready to copy!
    but wait theres more, i ran a counter page... it came out blank!!! copied.. same thing.. blank the machine is shooting blanks! i checked all connections,lamp, reset dimms,
    finally i got around to looking at the drum unit and checking the laser, hmmm, all looks brand new, then it came to me brand new? i took the drum unit apart and whammo! NO DV had been installed!!
    who ever put this together was not experienced in new install's, thats why i got the machine so cheap, they thought it was toast! so did i!
    now it has pefect copies after i installed a new pcu form my stock... and up for sale!
    all is well!