Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

How to reset password on MP 4000 Ricoh?

Hi ! I have a problem with my MP 4000. I bought it and has a password for login. I tried many optinons for admini and password like admin,superuser and other but no succes. I have read that 5801 will solve my problem bit I am little unsecure.I read also changing the password with hexa editor. Please give me an advice!
    Attached Files Attached Files

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Re: How to reset password on MP 4000 Ricoh?

If you dare go near 5801 you will have created a bigger problem than you have now!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you sure it's not just user authentication instead of admin authentication???????????
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    If you dare go near 5801 you will have created a bigger problem than you have now!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you sure it's not just user authentication instead of admin authentication???????????
    wow I hope you can follow that pdf .... ricoh official way to reset password is to replace nvrams

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Default Administrator login is admin with no password.

If that does not work, then try supervisor with no password. Supervisor can do one thing only, change the administrator credentials.

If neither one works, you can try the edit of the NVRAM data. Otherwise, you will need to get assistance from someone who knows how to access and use factory service mode.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

yeah he might got confused with "superuser" since it's actually called "supervisor"

Technician

Talking Re: How to reset password on MP 4000 Ricoh?

Hey gys I found a way to solve m problem. I first uplodad the sd card with 5824 NVRAM and open in a HEXA edior read the admin whit hepl of the post nmfaxman. I hople this solve your problems too Lost supervisor password?

Bypass Tray Expert 50+ Posts halbrandenburg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sognen View Post
    Hey gys I found a way to solve m problem. I first uplodad the sd card with 5824 NVRAM and open in a HEXA edior read the admin whit hepl of the post nmfaxman. I hople this solve your problems too Lost supervisor password?
    For credibility in this forum you may want to check your spelling before you post. Maybe English is not your first language? If so, I'll cut you some slack! What ever the case, when folks are looking for solutions to resetting passwords and fixing configurations around here, typos are often frowned upon.

That being said sognen, if you frixed your issue withht that lost paswerd PDF, congrats!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I won't give the method to enter factory mode but sp5-846-46 is the answer (will clear the address book and related settings and also reset the login to default- 46 does not display in regular log in). I just did this last week on a 5503 at an account whose main IT guy left the company along with the non-default login he changed (including supervisor). I backed up the address book to an sd card through service mode, ran the sp and rebooted. Bada boom, bada bing - dl'd the address book back and all was back to normal. The address book was strictly email and everything work without further changes, I would assume if folders were included then authentication would have to be re-inputted.
    I know the official way is to replace the nvram, but even Ricoh tech support is starting to give this method out. I mean, why replace the nvram and lose the meter count (causing billing issues and other headaches going forward). The accounts that require true security will have service lock enabled, preventing unauthorized access to the service mode.
    I also believe the customer should be charged for this, whether replacing the nvram or resetting the UCS.
    Last edited by teebee1234; 08-23-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    I won't give the method to enter factory mode but sp5-846-46 is the answer (will clear the address book and related settings and also reset the login to default- 46 does not display in regular log in). I just did this last week on a 5503 at an account whose main IT guy left the company along with the non-default login he changed (including supervisor). I backed up the address book to an sd card through service mode, ran the sp and rebooted. Bada boom, bada bing - dl'd the address book back and all was back to normal. The address book was strictly email and everything work without further changes, I would assume if folders were included then authentication would have to be re-inputted.
    I know the official way is to replace the nvram, but even Ricoh tech support is starting to give this method out. I mean, why replace the nvram and lose the meter count (causing billing issues and other headaches going forward). The accounts that require true security will have service lock enabled, preventing unauthorized access to the service mode.
    I also believe the customer should be charged for this, whether replacing the nvram or resetting the UCS.
    We need a search facility on this forum!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Llama God View Post
    We need a search facility on this forum!
    There is one!