Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

MPC 5503 ASP - Very Strange Problem with confidental printing

Hi Guy`s

I got a very strange Issue wit an MPC5503ASP Printer.

I generate an Excel File with different worksheets in it. then i go and Print all the Worksheets as confidential and anything works fine. As soon that it is not a Excel File that i made myself this is not working anymore. the first Worksheet in the File is not printed because it was Confidential but all others come out like they where not confidential.

If i take the Information`s out the Worksheets into a new Excel file made by me anything works fine again. The Client couldn't give me specific informations which Files where made with another Version of Office and converted to Office 2013.

I made a Print to file and checked the File but i didnt saw something suspect.

Did someone ever faced this issue before or can someone give me a possible Solution for this Issue? To be honest i don`t think it`s a Printer issue but i can`t be sure 100%. the File added is a Print to File Export.

Thanks in advance for the Support.

Print to file.txt

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC 5503 ASP - Very Strange Problem with confidental printing

Re: MPC 5503 ASP - Very Strange Problem with confidental printing

Sounds like this issue will require a firmware fix, which most likely hasn't been produced yet on this newer model for this particular issue. Make sure you have the latest firmware installed and then create a ticket with Ricoh tech support. They will want you to document exactly what steps are taken that produce this error and also download the capture data from the the mfp for at least the last 3 days (should have a 1 day buffer on either side of the occurrence. Then it's off to Japan for the engineers to reproduce and come out with a fix (most likely they will give you a beta right away).

I've been through this on this model when they first came out - in my case, if the customer were to use seperator pages, the first page of the second set would consistently jam at the finisher exit (timing issue). It took several weeks to get it sorted out but eventually did.

*You might want to also test using a different driver - PCL5 vs PCL6 vs PS (if it has the option).

Technician

Talking Re: MPC 5503 ASP - Very Strange Problem with confidental printing

Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    Sounds like this issue will require a firmware fix, which most likely hasn't been produced yet on this newer model for this particular issue. Make sure you have the latest firmware installed and then create a ticket with Ricoh tech support. They will want you to document exactly what steps are taken that produce this error and also download the capture data from the the mfp for at least the last 3 days (should have a 1 day buffer on either side of the occurrence. Then it's off to Japan for the engineers to reproduce and come out with a fix (most likely they will give you a beta right away).

I've been through this on this model when they first came out - in my case, if the customer were to use seperator pages, the first page of the second set would consistently jam at the finisher exit (timing issue). It took several weeks to get it sorted out but eventually did.

*You might want to also test using a different driver - PCL5 vs PCL6 vs PS (if it has the option).
    Hi

thanks for your answer. I am the Ricoh Tech Support *hehe*

I did not had the possibility to check the Firmware yet but i will do that today. I will check if there is a firmware but as far as i know there is none yet. so i will be forced to give to Japan to let them check the issue.

Thanks for the Support

Service Manager 100+ Posts Moza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PillePalle View Post
    Hi Guy`s

I got a very strange Issue wit an MPC5503ASP Printer.

I generate an Excel File with different worksheets in it. then i go and Print all the Worksheets as confidential and anything works fine. As soon that it is not a Excel File that i made myself this is not working anymore. the first Worksheet in the File is not printed because it was Confidential but all others come out like they where not confidential.

If i take the Information`s out the Worksheets into a new Excel file made by me anything works fine again. The Client couldn't give me specific informations which Files where made with another Version of Office and converted to Office 2013.

I made a Print to file and checked the File but i didnt saw something suspect.

Did someone ever faced this issue before or can someone give me a possible Solution for this Issue? To be honest i don`t think it`s a Printer issue but i can`t be sure 100%. the File added is a Print to File Export.

Thanks in advance for the Support.

Print to file.txt

This is NOT a model specific problem it is actually a Microsoft application issue. When printing an Excel document with multiple worksheets it prints each worksheet as a separate document and only applies the driver command to the first. If you are using the PCL6 driver there is a setting to hopefully overcome this in the [Advanced Options] tab.
    Untitled.jpg

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Moza View Post
    This is NOT a model specific problem it is actually a Microsoft application issue. When printing an Excel document with multiple worksheets it prints each worksheet as a separate document and only applies the driver command to the first. If you are using the PCL6 driver there is a setting to hopefully overcome this in the [Advanced Options] tab.
    Untitled.jpg
    Hi

I tried this setting yesterday but it didn't helped. I also think is a Office Issue. But the strange thin is that if he makes a complete new one all sheets are confidential. This is happening only with received (generated from older Office versions) ones. So yes i`m almost pretty sure that this is not a printer issue.

Thanks for your help

Service Manager 100+ Posts Moza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PillePalle View Post
    Hi

I tried this setting yesterday but it didn't helped. I also think is a Office Issue. But the strange thin is that if he makes a complete new one all sheets are confidential. This is happening only with received (generated from older Office versions) ones. So yes i`m almost pretty sure that this is not a printer issue.

Thanks for your help

Just tested this and unfortunately as you noted at first when printing documents created in older versions of Excel the worksheets are sent as separate print files so I don't think there is a solution. see link below to similar issues when trying to duplex a whole workbook.

Only the first worksheet is printed duplex in Excel

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Moza View Post
    Just tested this and unfortunately as you noted at first when printing documents created in older versions of Excel the worksheets are sent as separate print files so I don't think there is a solution. see link below to similar issues when trying to duplex a whole workbook.

Only the first worksheet is printed duplex in Excel
    Well then i will tell the customer that this is a Office Issue and that he has to deal with it or make all the Excel Sheets new *lol*. I`m sure he will love this solution *hahahaha*.

Thanks and have a nice day