Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    andyricoh

FW240 no power to Roller feed 240A

Hi Guys

I have a Ricoh 240W A0 machine with no power to the Roll Feeder Unit. When powered up the control panel indicates the only source of feed to be from the bypass and this cannot be changed. The customer indicated a paper jam recently from the roll feeder which was removed and since then it has not been working. I have absolutely no exposure to this model but am a 10 year experienced Ricoh engineer. I have eliminated all fuses and the obvious conectors etc, and am now down to boards. It seems the PSU (Machine) feeds the IPU (Machine) interface board which subsequently feeds the RFDB (Roll Feed Unit). My problem is that I have no donor machine to test boards on so am torn between the IPU and the RFDB. my gut feeling is the later (RFDB). Any assistance or advice would be much appreciated.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: FW240 no power to Roller feed 240A

The Ricoh wide format machines have an automatic shut down for the roll feed when you get a fuser jam. After the jam the roll feed is not recognized and will only feed from cut sheets. This is a simple reset procedure in the settings section of the manual. I do not have the exact procedure in front of me right now but if this is your problem let me know if you can not find it in the manual.

andyricoh

Quote Originally Posted by jdzr View Post
    The Ricoh wide format machines have an automatic shut down for the roll feed when you get a fuser jam. After the jam the roll feed is not recognized and will only feed from cut sheets. This is a simple reset procedure in the settings section of the manual. I do not have the exact procedure in front of me right now but if this is your problem let me know if you can not find it in the manual.
    Hi and thanks a lot for your advice. I have been through the manuals, service and user, and dont seem to be able to find anything directly relating to a fuser jam reset code, or a roll feeder re-activation code. Do you mean one of the SP reset codes in the service program or in the user tools mode?

Once again many thanks for your input it is really appreciated.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Reset "not displaying rollfeed error"

Go to - user tools- system settings- Key operator tools- scroll to #5 - select or change to "do not use bypass". Be sure to back out of the procedure and reset the machine itself. That should take care of the problem. See page 5-5 section on Initial settings

Good luck