Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

ricoh mp6002sp reset fax tray??

Hi

Every 2 or 3 days the machine says reset fax tray even tho there is paper in the fax tray?

Its happening on 5 machines on the customers site.

Has anybody had any issues with the fax on this model.

I have gone into system settings set the fax tray to tray 2 I also went into fax features/ reception setting and set it from auto select to tray 2 but still getting reset fax tray every 2 or 3 days?

I have updated the firmware to the latest version but still happening.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: ricoh mp6002sp reset fax tray??

4501's do this too. It's usually because it's annoyed about something to do with one of the paper trays either being overloaded or the default fax tray being empty. Tell the customer if it pops this message to take the paper out and reload it. Several customers on my patch have been told this and seem happy with it. Strange thing is though, I've never seen one do it that doesn't have the fax kit in. Bizarre.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Have had this very issue with a MP C4501. The customer was overfilling the tray (which I believe was also the default tray for the fax). There were no error messages and no SC Codes generated (as you would expect with an overfilled tray), just the message to "reset the fax tray".

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    4501's do this too. It's usually because it's annoyed about something to do with one of the paper trays either being overloaded or the default fax tray being empty. Tell the customer if it pops this message to take the paper out and reload it. Several customers on my patch have been told this and seem happy with it. Strange thing is though, I've never seen one do it that doesn't have the fax kit in. Bizarre.
    thanks for the reply,I haven't had a mpc4501 do it yet.. but will advise the customer to take the paper out and reload it the next time the issue happens..yeah its a strange issue..

Thanks

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I have had this message in the past. The interesting thing was that the machine was set to fax forward to a server folder. The message seemed to come up after sending a fax. Setup to email confirmation page and no more problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

The majority of times I have seen this on the bigger machines is when the right side tandem tray shows empty on the display because the rear end fence is not sitting at its home position. The paper is not stacked correctly due to improper loading or the left stack has shifted a little and when the right side is empty, the fence tries to flip open and catches the leading edge of the left stack - preventing it from loading to the right.