Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Light Copies Pro 1356ex

Light Copies Pro 1356ex

Hi guys, i have this two machines and this bitches are driving me crazy, i changed developer,TD sensor,ID Sensor, drum, toner pump, and still getting light copies, when i enter in service mode vt and vref are high like 3.8 or 4.0, I force toner supply and number get down to 2.4 2.5, i do TD sensor initialization, run about 200 copies and shazam, light again, enter service mode and vt/vref are high again, everything is new on this machines, in same place I have 4 mp 9001 and run very well, i don't know what else to do, I will put Pixel control for toner supply and see what happen.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PinevskiS's Avatar

Re: Light Copies Pro 1356ex

Quote Originally Posted by CRISTIAN MULLER View Post
    Hi guys, i have this two machines and this bitches are driving me crazy, i changed developer,TD sensor,ID Sensor, drum, toner pump, and still getting light copies, when i enter in service mode vt and vref are high like 3.8 or 4.0, I force toner supply and number get down to 2.4 2.5, i do TD sensor initialization, run about 200 copies and shazam, light again, enter service mode and vt/vref are high again, everything is new on this machines, in same place I have 4 mp 9001 and run very well, i don't know what else to do, I will put Pixel control for toner supply and see what happen.
    Hi
    Can you send me SMC report and can you tell me does machine have OEM Toner?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PinevskiS's Avatar

Sorry, my mail is sasopine@Yahoo.com

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Light Copies Pro 1356ex

Quote Originally Posted by CRISTIAN MULLER View Post
    Pixel control = puke uncontrollably mode. Have you replaced the toner hoses???
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Light Copies Pro 1356ex

When you ran TD sensor initialization, SP 2801, did you first turn the machine off and then turn it back on with the door open until after you entered SP mode? If you did not, you accomplished nothing. TD sensor initialization has to be run before Auto Process Control runs. Did you run SP3001-002 after replacing the ID sensor? Also, check the setting of SP2201-002. If it has been changed to a higher value than the default, it will make the patch look darker. That in turn will cause the machine to lower wait longer before asking for toner. Check SP 2210, ID sensor pattern interval. Check SP 2208, toner supply more. It might be in pixel count. Check SP 2227 to see what toner supply mode was in use for the last copy made.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

I'm no pro when it comes to the Pros, but you you may want to check the ID sensor settings in the charge and development areas of SP2.
    I know of only one time when it might have been rational to change those settings, and that was only on one of the 35/45 cpm chassis machines to boot, so this is pretty improbable.
    Still, if the ID sensor pattern isn't right it can cause some unwanted things to happen.
    Sorry if this is a waste of time.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Light Copies Pro 1356ex

Guys, thanks a lot for all the answers, increase my knowledge always i come here, turns out, the problem was, toner clogged at blade under toner hopper (that one with a lot of tiny holes),how I get there?.

I noted when I make forced toner supply method, every time VT go down like 0.8 or 0.9 at the time, there's to much lower then I expected, so I check this blade and "voila", find the problem.

thank's everybody.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Good deal you got the problem fixed, and thanks for telling how you did it!

adzman

I find it unlikley that the toner supply unit would be the root of the issue. Ive had it numerous times and it usually ends up being the transfer belt assembly and or blocked toner supply tubes.
    Dont forget to do a SP2207-02 toner bank set up after clearing any toner tubes to set up machine again.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Light Copies Pro 1356ex

Quote Originally Posted by adzman View Post
    I find it unlikley that the toner supply unit would be the root of the issue. Ive had it numerous times and it usually ends up being the transfer belt assembly and or blocked toner supply tubes.
    Dont forget to do a SP2207-02 toner bank set up after clearing any toner tubes to set up machine again.
    Then you haven't worked on many machines with a light copy problem. Anything that restricts toner making it to the developer will lead to light copies.