Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    lfh003

Re: Printing one-half page vertically with ADF.

Some have come to help; some have come to complain.
    I worked for 3M from 1980-86 installing, repairing copiers, fax machines, and book detection systems. I did very well and was paid above average for those days...plus had a company F-150 van.
    One of my duties was to treat every user question with diplomacy and tact. It is the client's satisfaction that made my pay. If the question was weird or WTF, I took it seriously. They were, also, trying to learn their machine and how to use it. So, now, I have arrived at Copynet. I am seeking answers from professional technicians...what have I received?

The mature individual will recognize an opportunity to help the less informed. The immature will be too bothered.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Printing one-half page vertically with ADF.

Maybe you'll recall back to 1986 ...

Your customer says he's getting half copies, part on one sheet, part on another. You ask some basic questions:
    What model do you have?
    Which way were you feeding the paper?
    Which way were you feeding the originals?
    Which features were you using?
    Do you have a sample?

The answers you get are:
    I don't know.
    I don't know.
    I don't know.
    I don't know.
    No.

Frustrating. Isn't it? Either your enduser is some kind of idiot, or he is withholding information from you.

Sounds familiar ...

I have a slightly higher standard for copier technicians. The absolute least they can do is figure out what model they're working on.
    Just my perspective. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lfh003 View Post
    One of my duties was to treat every user question with diplomacy and tact.
    Ours too.
    But that is why this is not a forum for end users, but for techs.
    And if I might add, for techs that have already tried every possible solution they could think of BEFORE posting here.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Help me, please. Using the ADF, the printed page is only printed on one-half vertically. The second half comes on on page 2! Using the platen, everything prints ok. What's up with this?
    Starts off like a first time newbie poster

Thank you for replying to my post. I will try to be more specific.
    I am trying to copy an 8X11½ original. When fed from the ADF, the copy comes out with ½ of the original (left side) corrected printed on ½ of the copy paper. A second sheet is fed and produces the missing side (right side) correctly on that sheet.
    If I position the original on the glass platen, the copy is perfectly copied on the paper.
    There's a specific detail

Thank you, Iowatech, for responding.
    This printing problem was not model specific...it was a question asked of me during a job interview two days ago. What would cause such a feed/print issue: document printing correctly to paper when manually placed on the platen, but not when using ADF. The auto feed result was that one-half (vertically--top to bottom) printed in the correct location, another sheet would feed and the print would be correctly placed on the other side (vertically) of the second sheet.
    I really do hope you got the position!!!!

OK...all of you that responded, thank you. Yes, all troubleshooting questions are hypothetical until they are successfully fixed (what if this, what if that). I was interviewed by an international giant for an analyst position and this was the one question I could not answer. The two managers that interviewed me would not give me the solution.
    I appreciate the responses from you professionals. I appreciate the Copytechnet site for having this forum. Thank you, again for being available to help.
    No all troubleshooting questions ARE NOT HYPOTHETICAL, MANY ARE YES OR NO ,Trick interview question by an industry giant HR dept......... No kidding they don't know it either, it's on the form.....

I worked for 3M from 1980-86 installing, repairing copiers, fax machines, and book detection systems. I did very well and was paid above average for those days...plus had a company F-150 van.
    One of my duties was to treat every user question with diplomacy and tact. It is the client's satisfaction that made my pay. If the question was weird or WTF, I took it seriously. They were, also, trying to learn their machine and how to use it. So, now, I have arrived at Copynet. I am seeking answers from professional technicians...what have I received?

The mature individual will recognize an opportunity to help the less informed. The immature will be too bothered.
    Copytechnet :You know the copy process, It hasn't changed. Just the way that the parts of it are done. but you came here with a hypothetical question from a job interview, that doesn't offer enough information and are not happy with the feedback from the consortium??? Then you question the Professionals here?? if you choose, to return and I hope you will, and inquire I hope you will be more specific with your issue

Is this a trick thread from the moderator??
    Mystic Crystal Revelations