Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    proggyy

Ricoh Aficio 1515PS

Hi,

I currently have a Ricoh Aficio 1515MF, however this machine has some faults, and I have decided to dispose it safely.

I came across this model (bit.ly), and I don't know what the difference between the 1515MF and the 1515PS is.

Is this bit.ly a good model?

Thanks

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: Ricoh Aficio 1515PS

If memory serves the MF model is a standard GW board so it can understand PCL and RPCS printer language, PS means it can also natively understand Postscript via an optional card.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio 1515PS

Quote Originally Posted by proggyy View Post
    Hi,

I currently have a Ricoh Aficio 1515MF, however this machine has some faults, and I have decided to dispose it safely.

I came across this model (bit.ly), and I don't know what the difference between the 1515MF and the 1515PS is.

Is this bit.ly a good model?

Thanks
    The Aficio 1515MF (B130) is a MultiFunction model and should include print, scan, and FAX functions. The Aficio 1515SP is not a valid model for North America, but based on standard Ricoh model labeling the SP indicates Scanner/Printer and might not have FAX function. Otherwise, the two are the same basic machine, i.e. same toner, PCU, developer, and parts.

Bypass Tray Expert 50+ Posts halbrandenburg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The Aficio 1515MF (B130) is a MultiFunction model and should include print, scan, and FAX functions. The Aficio 1515SP is not a valid model for North America, but based on standard Ricoh model labeling the SP indicates Scanner/Printer and might not have FAX function. Otherwise, the two are the same basic machine, i.e. same toner, PCU, developer, and parts.
    Above is correct, and the PS stands for SCAN and PRINT, whereas the MF has PRINT, SCAN, and FAX. The PS and MF both came standard with printing, Postscript was optional I believe on both. Here is a link to a copy of the Ricoh 1515 brochure.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../AF1515bro.pdf

The next model up was a 161, followed by the 171, and finally a 201. All of these Aficio models were pretty much the same interface on the same frame for quite a while. Very popular and still a lot of them in the field.

I never recall a PS model to tell you the truth.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio 1515PS

Quote Originally Posted by proggyy View Post
    Hi,

Yes you do....and you were offered tons of great suggestions on how you might deal with your problem, which sounds very much like a routine issue.
    Ricoh Aficio 1515 Add Toner Error
    To which you responded with complete silence - and without as much as a "thank you" for our input.
    So here we go again.....