Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ricoh MP C7501

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ricoh MP C7501

Dear all
    I am planning to move step to the digital printing , I would like to buy Ricoh MP C7501 , is it the right step , please advice about this machine the cost , the quality ,,,,,,,

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C7501

Re: Ricoh MP C7501

The MP C7501 is a discontinued model. It has been replaced by the MP C7502. The MP C7501 was intended for a target usage of 50,000 to 150,000 pages per month. If you buy one, you need to have someone experienced with this model to set it up and maintain it. Without proper setup and maintenance, this model can become a toner belching beast with frequent image quality, toner spots and SC4xx due to dirty ID sensors. See MPC 7501 SC402 and 403

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C7501

Quote Originally Posted by aaahmmm View Post
    Dear all
    I am planning to move step to the digital printing , I would like to buy Ricoh MP C7501 , is it the right step , please advice about this machine the cost , the quality ,,,,,,,
    Are you going into the print for pay market as a buisness?? What kind of doc's are you looking to print, and what kinds of media do you intend to use? What kind of fill rates are you looking for?? Volumes and media sizes? these are all factor's for your needs. If you want to do 13x19 full page fill duplexed this isn't the right machine. If your doing A4(8.5x11) 30% fill at 30% volume with 70% B/W, 50k/mo. your looking at a suitable machine.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Service Manager 250+ Posts turbojetboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aaahmmm View Post
    Dear all
    Honestly, you need to read through all the posts regarding this model. In my opinion you could not possibly run this machine for a profit. You need to do more research.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C7501

I agree 100% with turbojetboy, stay away from this model. If you want to stay with Ricoh, maybe go with two smaller units? The MPc5502's have been great.
    Really all of the machines from MPc6003 on down have been decent.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

thank you all for your valued information , so what ricoh model you suggest , i am planning to do full color printing in glossy paper between 90 and 300 gr

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C7501

You might want to consider on of the newer color wide format machines. They can print on almost any material. There are even ones that can print white and silver on black.

Service Manager 250+ Posts turbojetboy's Avatar

If you want to go with Ricoh, your dont have a lot of choice for light production, the new 5110 series seem quite solid to me, but you would need to have a service contract that included all toner etc. in my experience with print shops you need a machine that can run oversize thick stock all day long, so forget about any office machine. Do you see any print shops anywhere running mpc 7501's or similar, I only knew of one, and they never made it.
    So my suggestion would be maybe a Mpc 5501 for all your non oversize standard gsm paper work ( very reliable office machine) and a light production machine.

Ricoh just hasnt been in the light production arena any where near long enough to have good used previous generation machines that might make a profit in the what is now extremelly competitive print for pay area. Personally I think the days of small shops thinking they are going to turn a profit by running light production machines are gone. You better be real good at design work etc.

Dont kid yourself that an office style machine can profitably produce high quality work on thick coated stocks, just wont happen - full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetboy View Post
    If you want to go with Ricoh, your dont have a lot of choice for light production, the new 5110 series seem quite solid to me, but you would need to have a service contract that included all toner etc. in my experience with print shops you need a machine that can run oversize thick stock all day long, so forget about any office machine. Do you see any print shops anywhere running mpc 7501's or similar, I only knew of one, and they never made it.
    So my suggestion would be maybe a Mpc 5501 for all your non oversize standard gsm paper work ( very reliable office machine) and a light production machine.

Ricoh just hasnt been in the light production arena any where near long enough to have good used previous generation machines that might make a profit in the what is now extremelly competitive print for pay area. Personally I think the days of small shops thinking they are going to turn a profit by running light production machines are gone. You better be real good at design work etc.

Dont kid yourself that an office style machine can profitably produce high quality work on thick coated stocks, just wont happen - full stop.
    I have to agree..
    ALL of the copy shops that we once serviced have gone the way of the Dinosaurs I'm afraid.
    They had a mix of business colour machines and no light production models.