Copier Gawd 50+ Posts

@Remote error Exists_device_IP

• Exists_IP_Address

I have a machine MONITORED by an @Remote appliance, that when I try to set the copier to MANAGED mode, I get the message "@REMOTE_RESULT_EXIST_DEVICE_IP"

I have tried removing it and letting the appliance rediscover, managing at the appliance. all with the same results.

There is NO other device showing with that IP
      Ideas anyone?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: @Remote error Exists_device_IP

What is the model of the machine? Have you contacted the @Remote hotline? Are you product certified on @Remote?

Copier Gawd 50+ Posts

RICOH;Aficio SP 5210SF Monitored 20 @REMOTE_RESULT_EXIST_DEVICE_IP 192.168.12.30 09/03/2014 09/04/2014 12:00

Yes & yes. Actually I AM tech support for @Remote for my market area, eeek

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

This might be really stupid, and if so sorry about that, but it sounds a little like something else on the network has taken over the network address of that MFD, and @Remote has set itself up for that.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Assuming your a guru with @remote.
    You may like to try a packet sniffer program ,some thing like "WireShark" ?
    See if you are getting MIM or DOS attack interfereing with MFD.
    I haven't had a lot to do with @remote. The old boss would'nt let me play with it...

HTH
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Copier Gawd 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    This might be really stupid, and if so sorry about that, but it sounds a little like something else on the network has taken over the network address of that MFD, and @Remote has set itself up for that.
    Not a dumb suggestion at all. This was one of the first things I inquired at the client about.

Part of my challenge is that the appliance is approx 2000 miles from the machine. So I have to rely on the client to check on what i ask them to.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mess View Post
    Not a dumb suggestion at all. This was one of the first things I inquired at the client about.

Part of my challenge is that the appliance is approx 2000 miles from the machine. So I have to rely on the client to check on what i ask them to.
    I am assuming that you are near the appliance location and not the machine and therefore need to rely on the client to provide you with information concerning the machine. Have you had them try configuring the machine to a different IP address? What type of connection is there between machine location and the appliance location? From the appliance location, can you access the machine using either WIM or FTP to check settings? Will the client allow you to access a computer at each location using Goto My PC or similar service? It seems that all I can come up with are questions at this time but maybe one of them will cause to think of something to try.

Copier Gawd 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I am assuming that you are near the appliance location and not the machine and therefore need to rely on the client to provide you with information concerning the machine. Have you had them try configuring the machine to a different IP address? What type of connection is there between machine location and the appliance location? From the appliance location, can you access the machine using either WIM or FTP to check settings? Will the client allow you to access a computer at each location using Goto My PC or similar service? It seems that all I can come up with are questions at this time but maybe one of them will cause to think of something to try.
    And all GOOD questions. All of this has been tried. I have decided to send a tech in back east to do a firmware, and physically check settings. I will post back here once I have a resolution.
    Thanks all for your answers

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quickest way to check for IP address conflict is to unplug the lan cable from the MFD and then ping the IP address. If something responds, an IP conflict there is.

Copier Gawd 50+ Posts

also already done
    However, I may have found an answer. The appliance died completely yesterday, so i have to replace it. I am going to assume it was some logic error in the appliance.