Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Herostrat's Avatar

MPC2500 prints are not what's on screen

We are renting MPC2500 to a photographer shop and he is complaining about print quality.
    There is no problem with any assembly in machine but with driver...simply put images that are printed aren't as bright as they are on his PC screen,I newer had time to put more effort in this but from what I'we seen in driver settings there is a way to tune in PC Monitor and Printer in color management,and there is color settings in printing preferences,PCL5c has some sliders for brightness and saturation.
    It's a tricky in my opinion since pictures can be seen differently on different monitors,so his customers complain that printed picture isn't what they see on screen.
    Is there a guide on how to tune this or we are asking from this MPC 2500 too much?
    He's printing images on Thick A3 paper,not shure about it's weight but I tryed to print it as Thick 3 and worked without any problems on fuser,or it culd be the problem with paper weight and type?
    Gears,springs,clutches,sliders,connectors and electronics...who on earth can tell what's wrong with it?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: MPC2500 prints are not what's on screen

The best thing to do in these cases is:
    1. ICM drivers for the monitor (download from manufacturr site)
    2. ICM drivers from MPC2500 (download from Ricoh site)
    3. Monitor calibration as per tutorial Monitor Calibration for Photography
    4. Trasfer belt in a very very good shape (a new one could fit this rule)
    5. Use postscript for best results if they are using Adobe product (Photoshop, LightRoom ecc)
    6. A little bit of praying the God you like.

Technician

Well,
    dear friend, problem that u had on that MPC2500 is solwed with original driver of Nashuatec IS2525, from some reason original Ricoh driver for MPC2500 is not best solution for color printing with nashuatec model (should be the same).So sometimes u need to give more effort to resolve such type of problems (I call that problems stupid)and try as much as u can solutions. (even if u don't see the end )

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Follow Skynetto's advice!! Also I would suggest adding Post Script or the E-3000 Fiery, but in reality It's a c2500 and you've got it in a photography shop???? you won't get high quality digital photo prints from it..............
    Last edited by Tonerbomb; 09-06-2014 at 10:56 PM.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Follow Skynetto's advice!! Also I would suggest adding Post Script or the E-300 Fiery, but in reality It's a c2500 and you've got it in a photography shop???? you won't get high quality digital photo prints from it..............
    Exactly!

This is a BUSINESS color machine, not creative color, not meant for this type of application.

Even on higher end machines, you will never exactly match the monitor; one is RGB, and the other CMYK.

The customer statement of "the color from the printer doesn't match my monitor" is about the worst thing those of us who support these machines can hear.

Kinda like trying to push a car uphill with a rope.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Exactly!

This is a BUSINESS color machine, not creative color, not meant for this type of application.

Even on higher end machines, you will never exactly match the monitor; one is RGB, and the other CMYK.

The customer statement of "the color from the printer doesn't match my monitor" is about the worst thing those of us who support these machines can hear.

Kinda like trying to push a car uphill with a rope.
    Very well Stated KenB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

This is probably really stupid.
    But have the color calibrations in User Tools been adjusted?
    That's kind of the first thing that needs to be checked when there is a color problem, and I'm guessing you have already done that.
    But I'd like to know for sure.
    Sorry.

As I was saying perhaps we are asking from this machine too much,you know that feeling in your guts...you know it's wrong and yet you keep your mouth shut about it.
    Special thanks to skynetto for the link.
    Gears,springs,clutches,sliders,connectors and electronics...who on earth can tell what's wrong with it?

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts
    To be honest, even with the Fiery you'll struggle. The problem is, being a toner based business colour device, the gamut of colours this machine can produce is nowhere near what a professional photo printer can produce, it was simply never designed for this kind of work.

I had this argument with a customer a while ago, he'd purchased the machine through a third party misrepresenting what he was using if for and it was just hair pullingly frustrating.

As an analogy, it's like buying a diesel van, then complaining to the van dealer that you're always being beaten at the lights by sports cars. Then using the argument that your van and the sports cars are both road vehicles and should perform the same (despite being designed differently for different purposes).

This guy have profesional photoprinter machine,he's printing allso with our little bugger...for the heck of it I guess.
    I asked around with other tech's around the city and they also agree with you guys,I'll look in to some tuning software for this issue and post it here.Don't get me wrong I'm against that "wrong machine in the wrong place" problem...we all know it,yet sometimes solution is to disguise or lower symptom of the issue...within reason.