Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MP C4502 - Paper Misfeed J018 ONLY when printing from PC?

Re: MP C4502 - Paper Misfeed J018 ONLY when printing from PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Texicus View Post
    Looks like we may have this one figured - I replaced the fusing unit yesterday, as well as the separation unit as the transfer roller was worn enough to warrant replacement - I was able to do 5,10,20 page prints from PC with no issues - duplex and single sided!

Thanks to all - much appreciated! I'll keep this in mind if I find myself in the same situation again!
    Still doesnt explain why it only occurred on print jobs. Printing or copying, same paper feed.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

I had the same problem with a MPC305. Whe the user send a word file the j018 paper jam ocurs, en 1° or 2° duplex page, but it happend only whit this particular word file. Strange. Maybe problems with page configuration, or driver.
    Finally I told the user don't sent that file. He send me the file, but when a print from my pc the jam never happend...

Sorry my bad english.

Technician

hey , good day i have this same error J018 with a Mp3503. in my case the paper keeps stoping at the fuser entrance, i had a bad fuser film initialy , got a rebuilt one that only worked for one week , i came in one morning powered up the machine where got a j018 jam . i noticed that the gears that actuates thr blade in the fusing film was stuck . on opening the fuser i noticed the circular slider that moves the blade inside the fusing film was jammed , so i changed it and got the gears and the blade actuating properly . re assembled the fuser. placed it in the printer and got the same J018 jam. i got frustrated and bought a new fuser i still keep getting the j018 jam even with the new fuser. can anybody help me ?, could it be an issue with the board ?... the fuser motor when tested in service mode works in high speed and slow speed . any ideas?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jio9000 View Post
    hey , good day i have this same error J018 with a Mp3503. in my case the paper keeps stoping at the fuser entrance, i had a bad fuser film initialy , got a rebuilt one that only worked for one week , i came in one morning powered up the machine where got a j018 jam . i noticed that the gears that actuates thr blade in the fusing film was stuck . on opening the fuser i noticed the circular slider that moves the blade inside the fusing film was jammed , so i changed it and got the gears and the blade actuating properly . re assembled the fuser. placed it in the printer and got the same J018 jam. i got frustrated and bought a new fuser i still keep getting the j018 jam even with the new fuser. can anybody help me ?, could it be an issue with the board ?... the fuser motor when tested in service mode works in high speed and slow speed . any ideas?
    Start a new thread. We do not help grave robbers.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Start a new thread. We do not help grave robbers.
    will do, my bad wasnt quite sure how the thread thhing worked