Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

removing a postscript 3 option from a mp 6001 to a different mp 6001>>confused here

hi,
    i have only sold one b/w ricoh copier with postscript 3 in the last 10 years.
    i just read thru the manual and now i am more confused wth "merging sd card".
    i picked up a mp 6001 wth postscript 3 option but i dont need it on this sale.
    i did try just removing the postscript sd card from the 2nd slot,and after plugging in repowering up.
    i got a message to ck wth administrator to install sd card in correct slot.
    machines comes to ready..
    can i swap print/scan sd card from a nonpostscript machine to a postscript machine.
    the ps3 sd card was in the 2nd slot.
    thnx

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    removing a postscript 3 option from a mp 6001 to a different mp 6001>>confused here

Re: removing a postscript 3 option from a mp 6001 to a different mp 6001>>confused he

Every model has its own PS3 SD card. It the SD card was from a 6100, it can only be used in a 6100.

Re: removing a postscript 3 option from a mp 6001 to a different mp 6001>>confused he

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Every model has its own PS3 SD card. It the SD card was from a 6100, it can only be used in a 6100.
    not sure if you are following my post
    i have a mp 6001 with print/scan and added option the postscript 3 option.
    there is only one slot on these machines for options wth the 2nd slot for service/firmware updates.
    i am staying model for model mp 6001,just looking to swap option to a different unit.
    the merging sd cards has me confused and i dont want to do something i cant undo..

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

I think there is something in User Tools you need to turn off so that the machine stops pestering you about the removed PS3 card. It's been a while since I read about that so I don't remember where it is, sorry.
    If the PS3 card was in slot 2, the system card in slot 1 should be OK when the PS3 card is removed. If I remember correctly, the PS3 card needs to be in slot one if the system card has been merged with it. Slot 2 should be empty if there are no other applications added to the machine then.

you can copy the Printer/scanner Applications to a PS3 Card.(yes you can use Printer/scanner card from other Machine if it has not been merged before).

1:PS3 Card in Slot 1

2: Put the Source SD card in Slot 2 (Printer/Scanner Card)

3:Copy Sp/Appli Move SP5873 -1.

This Process will Copy Printer/Scanner Application to PS3 card when done take out the card from Slot 2 and save it somewhere in case if you need to undo the process in future .Slot 2 should remain empty because it's service Slot.

HTH
    Regard's

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fbkhan3 View Post
    you can copy the Printer/scanner Applications to a PS3 Card.(yes you can use Printer/scanner card from other Machine if it has not been merged before).

1:PS3 Card in Slot 1

2: Put the Source SD card in Slot 2 (Printer/Scanner Card)

3:Copy Sp/Appli Move SP5873 -1.

This Process will Copy Printer/Scanner Application to PS3 card when done take out the card from Slot 2 and save it somewhere in case if you need to undo the process in future .Slot 2 should remain empty because it's service Slot.

HTH
    Regard's
    This pretty much covers it. First step should be to turn the machine off. Turn it back on after the SD cards are in the slots. After the Printer/Scanner Application has been copied to the PS3 card, turn off the machine, remove the Printer/Scanner card and store it with the 6001.

X2..

But you can't swap PS3 Card once installed ... Not even Model to Model.

Regard's

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    I think there is something in User Tools you need to turn off so that the machine stops pestering you about the removed PS3 card. It's been a while since I read about that so I don't remember where it is, sorry.
    If the PS3 card was in slot 2, the system card in slot 1 should be OK when the PS3 card is removed. If I remember correctly, the PS3 card needs to be in slot one if the system card has been merged with it. Slot 2 should be empty if there are no other applications added to the machine then.

on my unit the print/scan card was in the top slot,and the ps3 below it on the "service slot"..

i cant understand how one machine will know if an option was merged before..or once merged is the card
    a print/scan/ps3 card?
    on my machine wth ps3 installed the top slot did not have the ps3 card but the print/scan card..
    again this was a lease return wth super low count 43k..

normally i would mess with the cards but i dont want to muck up a controller or a sd card

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

It's been my experience that is you stick a PS3 card that was installed on another machine into a like model it will indicate on the display that the card has already been installed on another machine.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    It's been my experience that is you stick a PS3 card that was installed on another machine into a like model it will indicate on the display that the card has already been installed on another machine.
    i ve been told that i can do a Undo Exec .SP5873-002 (Undo Exec). on original machine wth original print/scan card and ps3 card .
    then i merge the print/scan to the ps3 card on "hopefully" a different mp 6001....
    nothing is like the old days of swapping out......