Thread: MP3500's

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

MP3500's

I have two mp3500 in the field that are giving me grief!
    The first one says "load toner" there is toner in it, i replaced the hopper, made sure its feeding, it is, next day same message.. I checked the toner motor again, still works, bottle spins everything seem to be working,get this i changed DV Tank, and DV and in the middle of DV initialization, red light comes on sc395, but it still completes the dv cycle , i clear the message, then the add toner signal comes on again?? I open the shut the door, message goes away, Now i a perfect image, so i proceed to shoot 50 sky shots to check toner cycle, well it crashed the dv, didnt load the toner and didnt call for toner???? then I tried to man load toner, wont tone up, Im thinking dv is shot, then sc395 again (dv voltage to high or something like that) So i clear the code replace the old dv tank, run the charge voltage up to 1700, the image is not dense but not faint, so, what is this about?
    on to the next mp3500, I take the new dv tank insert it into the second mp3500 that has 278k and needs dv replacement copies are faint and wont tone up,, replace drum blade, clean all the contacts, run the DV initialize , do a Image density initialize, run a copy, all gray background, ??? I run the charge volatge to 1800 it cleans up, then i had to man tone up the machine, re ran dv initalize, and perfct copy, then it calls for toner to be replaced???? i open and shut the door it loads and im out of there. What gives? these machine are so 2004 , is it the door switches? or the HV Board? any help? thanks.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: MP3500's

Maybe the ID sensor or the area on the drum where the ID sensor patch is made might need looking at?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP3500's

The first three things I do with low image density on the 35/45 ppm models is clean the ID sensor, clean the laser shield glass, and run SP3001-002 ID sensor initialization. If the shield glass is coated with either dust or toner, the print density will be lowered, including the ID patch.

If image density is then good when printing (Counter Sheet, service reports) but is light when copying, clean all mirrors in the scanner section and the lens then cycle power to reset white reference. If the optics are dirty, what ever level of grey the reference scale looks becomes white and the entire grey scale is shifted lighter.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

check the drum life, and the tansfer belt, it's a known problem on this machines, sometimes it happens to me that i'm cleaning a machine (copy not perfect, but still ok)....and after the cleaning....grey backround!!!....make a process control, id sensor initialisazion and cleans again the transfer unit....and the machine is perfect again.....check also the drum contacts, and the contacts on the dev unit and the charge roller........this machines are camouflaged aficio 350....1045....2045

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

all great experienced suggestions, thank you,
    i have not looked at the id sensor itself,
    the laser lens is clean in both cases, and in the second case the drum is new,trans belt does not show ware on either as of yet.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Vac out the PCU especially the toner recycle part on the top they used to get blocked when the first batch came out with contaminated / Faulty toner.

you have already done the Basics with New DV Unit(including TD sensor).

what if some how you are dealing with a Bad Batch of Toners?
    If not then after cleaning the Recycling unit New Drum and ID sensor Initialization should take care of it as (Codex and Bantams) suggested.

Regard's