Senior Tech 100+ Posts neergish's Avatar
    A little bit to the left of the centre of the known universe.

MPC3502 fuser part Numbers

Doing my first PM on a MPC3502 fuser (its the only one I have in the field and has just tick over its 300k). Apparently I needs replace the Heating Sleeve Belt Unit, the Pressure Roller and the Pressure Roller Bearings. But I'll be buggered if I can find the part number for the PR bearings in the Ricoh's fantastic 3D parts catalog. I'd be much appreciative of anyone can supply this.

Also is there any other parts I should be thinking about changing at this PM? I already have black PCU + Dev, paper transfer and transfer belt cleaning unit on my list.
    "See if you can rent a spring hook and a phillips screwdriver it will make your life that much easier..."

Technician

Re: MPC3502 fuser part Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by neergish View Post
    Doing my first PM on a MPC3502 fuser (its the only one I have in the field and has just tick over its 300k). Apparently I needs replace the Heating Sleeve Belt Unit, the Pressure Roller and the Pressure Roller Bearings. But I'll be buggered if I can find the part number for the PR bearings in the Ricoh's fantastic 3D parts catalog. I'd be much appreciative of anyone can supply this.

Also is there any other parts I should be thinking about changing at this PM? I already have black PCU + Dev, paper transfer and transfer belt cleaning unit on my list.

Pressure Roll comes with the bearings as a unit. Only 4 parts to rebuild these. Fuser sleeve, PR, and 2 thermisters.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

D1444057
    PRESSURE ROLLER:ASS'Y (comes with bearings)

i'd also add the DF & cassette rollers while you're at it!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Whenever I replace the fusing sleeve on these, I now replace the stripper plate too, they get really dirty, which in turn damages the sleeve, if you clean the plate you can remove the Teflon which causes it to get contaminated even quicker. Maybe it's just me who does this though!
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

I think the sleeves should come with the stripper plate, shame they don't!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

For what it is worth, if 3D parts manual comes with a PDF equivalent, open the PDF version, then set the magnification to 150%, then use the pdf search function to search for the text label of the part.
    It isn't a cure all, but I've found it to be a lot less irritating than the other things I've tried.
    The 3D parts manual is the weirdest thing. If they had just made the pictures look more like the parts we are looking for (a gear doesn't look like a cylinder, not even a little bit) or at least let us enlarge the images to see the parts in their proper perspective it could have been the coolest thing ever.
    Oh well, too late now.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    For what it is worth, if 3D parts manual comes with a PDF equivalent, open the PDF version, then set the magnification to 150%, then use the pdf search function to search for the text label of the part.
    It isn't a cure all, but I've found it to be a lot less irritating then the other things I've tried.
    The 3D parts manual is the weirdest thing. If they had just made the pictures look more like the parts we are looking for (a gear doesn't look like a cylinder, not even a little bit) or at least let us enlarge the images to see the parts in their proper perspective it could have been the coolest thing ever.
    Oh well, too late now.
    You can zoom most WindowXX.X software by hold down Crtl key and mousewheel up/down....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    It isn't a cure all, but I've found it to be a lot less irritating than the other things I've tried.
    Oh well, too late now.
    The only problem I have when doing this is that Ricoh has a habit of splitting words, i.e pressure might be pr on one line and essure on the next, and you end up with the first hit being in the list at the end.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

IIRC the entire fuser assy isn't much more expensive compared to single parts for the MPCxxx2 series. Even not pricey enough to bother with SPC830 fuser units^^