Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Mpc2050 - mpc2000 - mpc2051 fusers!

Angry Mpc2050 - mpc2000 - mpc2051 fusers!

That's not a question. That's a consideration.

Damn fusers! SC-5XX every day with no real reason.

Changing thermistor, thermopile, thermostat or even whole fusers do not protect from a early recall.
    It's power supply issue? Don't know? 220v seems stable!
    AAAARRRGGHHHHH!!

Ok, now I'm calm!

Best regards everybody!
    29 rouge unpair manque.... cous cous....

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Mpc2050 - mpc2000 - mpc2051 fusers!

Same office?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Could be a power problem.

Have you tried monitoring the warmup temperatures in SP mode? Even with an open pressure roller lamp or thermostat/thermofuse the machine will come to ready but the pressure roller will be slow to warm up and, even it reaches 50 degrees which is the warmup temperature, but will never reach full temperature.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Dude I got the same problem, but only with MPC2000, 2500, 3000 fusers. I dunno why but I have 3 FULLY refurbed fusers on my bench ( lamps, thermistors, thermostats, fusing belt, pressure roller, drive gear and the bearing heat bushes all replaced ), and what ever machine they go into they will code. Mostly the next day or morning when I come into the office. Energy saver problem? I dont think so as other fusers work fine in these test machines with the energy saver.

Dosnt matter what machine they go into - they still code - so it cant be the machine, its gotta be the fusers. And as other fusers work fine in these same test machines, it cant be the power supply coming into the office.

All I can really suggest is find the fusers that code in 2 different machines after being refurbed, then biff em - along with all the new parts you fitted to them!

Technician

You bettle check the fuser gear,fuser bearing and fuser bushing .

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Not the same office....but the same city.. after a heavy rain and storm. 5 calls in 10 minutes!!!!! They are too weak!

We have customers with SC5xx returning calls after 2 days after fuser swapped with new one.
    How to explain to customer that there's no solution? In a rental environment they want machine swapped!
    Voltage looks good? Yes! Can we use a filtered power plug? No!

I'm not a tech, I'am the employer! My techs are always on these, Should I think my tech are dumb? Don't think so!
    Is that a way to empty ricoh spares warehouse?

Wanna talk about SC400 in MPC2050?

See ya... Good luck!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nobody-here View Post
    Wanna talk about SC400 in MPC2050?

See ya... Good luck!
    At least Ricoh did put out a bulletin on how to trouble shoot SC400. For some reason, the ID sensors on this model are extremely vulnerable to dust contamination.

As for the fusing errors, hair line cracks in the connector housing can cause intermittent fusing codes. If you have another fusing unit that works, try swapping the connector on the fusing units and see if the problem moves with the connector. If you have a machines that codes with a fusing unit that works in other machines, it might be the machine side connector.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nobody-here View Post
    Not the same office....but the same city.. after a heavy rain and storm. 5 calls in 10 minutes!!!!! They are too weak!

See ya... Good luck!
    This sounds like a power problem, the machines these days don't have the big hulking power supplies with the big can capacitors that help filter the dirty power.
    Can I interest you in an Innovolt power filter?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    At least Ricoh did put out a bulletin on how to trouble shoot SC400. For some reason, the ID sensors on this model are extremely vulnerable to dust contamination.
    other than a bulletin, why ricoh is not producing a better ID sensor? And swap it.... for free.
    I remember about faulty touch panels, with warm temperature (We live in Sicily, not Equator but very warm sometimes) they broke.
    For a while they sent them for free now panels cost so much! and are still faulty!

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    As for the fusing errors, hair line cracks in the connector housing can cause intermittent fusing codes. If you have another fusing unit that works, try swapping the connector on the fusing units and see if the problem moves with the connector. If you have a machines that codes with a fusing unit that works in other machines, it might be the machine side connector.
    We tried that, problem is located everywhere.....
    As I mentioned in the 1st post.... i am not looking for a solution, because I think there's not, but just a consideration.

Regards and thank you for being a family!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

the 2 thermostats for the Belt are NOT the same make sure you put the correct ones in the correct place although they look the same they are different Temps.