Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Frozen MPC3500

Frozen MPC3500

Hi, got a major problem with a MPC3500, problem is machine froze up and the only way i could unfreeze it was to disconnect the hard drives. I then upgraded ALL firmware groups and all seemed fine. However i got a call from the customer saying that the print colour registration was out. I went back there and looked at print quality which was crap. I colour registrated the machine and the calibrated the copier function, that went o.k but when i printed out the printer calibration sheet it produced a load of multicoloured bands. This happens on all resolutions in printer calibration. However if i print out the colour pattern from printer sp mode its brilliant. If i disconnect the hard drives the problem stil occurs. If i print a full colour document the output is like a jigsaw puzzle with all the pieces in the wrong place, but if i print a document from word it prints perfectly fine. Also copy function perfect. Have tried Zapping machine and reprogramming both manual input from data sheets and from sd card with saved nvram data. Any ideas anybody.??????? Thanks
    The Art of Diplomacy is The Art of Letting Someone Have Your Own Way....

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neilgreenhough View Post
    Hi, got a major problem with a MPC3500, problem is machine froze up and the only way i could unfreeze it was to disconnect the hard drives. I then upgraded ALL firmware groups and all seemed fine. However i got a call from the customer saying that the print colour registration was out. I went back there and looked at print quality which was crap. I colour registrated the machine and the calibrated the copier function, that went o.k but when i printed out the printer calibration sheet it produced a load of multicoloured bands. This happens on all resolutions in printer calibration. However if i print out the colour pattern from printer sp mode its brilliant. If i disconnect the hard drives the problem stil occurs. If i print a full colour document the output is like a jigsaw puzzle with all the pieces in the wrong place, but if i print a document from word it prints perfectly fine. Also copy function perfect. Have tried Zapping machine and reprogramming both manual input from data sheets and from sd card with saved nvram data. Any ideas anybody.??????? Thanks
    Had a MP c2500 that was freezed only the standby led lighted up no please wait no fusing temperature, it was hard disk, I would try changing disk.
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound