Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Ricoh MPC 3000 image Quality Problem

Hello

I have a MPC 3000 that makes me crazy.......The machine has an image Problem , a kind of "white shadow" on every print/copy...on EVERY COLOR, and exact at the same position, at the middle of the sheet....i cleaned up everything, even the Polygon motor, i changed PCU UNITS, EVERY COLOR....TRANSFER BELT/CLEANING.....TRANSFER ROLLER....PRESSURE ROLLER....FUSER GEARS, recently i removed the LASER SHUTTER , still exact the same problem!!!!, im going mad.....see attached image (i used CYAn cause you can see the problem)

Any ideas?? THX
    Attached Files Attached Files

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MPC 3000 image Quality Problem

Let's get this out of the way first - the PCU units you replaced, they were the full units and not just the drum portion, right?
    That is unlikely to be the problem though, so I'm sorry I brought that up.
    Depending on the way your example was fed through the machine, here are a couple of suggestions you may wish to consider:
    If fed LEF, check the mechanics that move the transfer roller, and to a lesser extent, the mounting of the right hand door. It kind of looks like the transfer roller might be moving more than it is supposed to.
    If fed SEF, you might have to replace the laser unit. If you have another machine that you can borrow a laser unit from to use in this one, I'd recommend doing that before buying a new laser unit though, because I'm not sure.
    I don't think the polygon mirror motor has anything to do with this. The machine is pretty good about error coding out if the motor is bad, and from my observation typically when the mirror gets dirty it causes a more gradual change in print density than your example shows.
    Finally, if you have some paper you know that works, take some with the next time you go to the machine and try printing on that. Kind of a long shot to be sure, but it is really easy to try.

how about the transfer unit? have you try to replaced it?
    .....with all it shams, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.....

Hy IOWATECH... Thanks for your answer.... The paoer is fed LEF.... I've already replaced the transfer roller assy.... The problem is always exact on the same place... On every colour.... I removed and cleaned the registration section.... But still the same....
    Memento Audere Semper

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

You say its on every colour
    it looks like a fuser related issue
    what quality of paper is in use
    try using 100gms see if you still get the problem
    if not then look to the fuser belt / foam roller

Hello.. I changed the fusing belt and the sponge roller last month... Still same!!......
    Memento Audere Semper

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Have you tried a heavier paper did it still give problem

Dirty toner monkey 50+ Posts

Ok, So you have ruled out all the obvious problems, well done for that, you wouldnt believe the things that people forget to check....

So. This pretty much has to be something to do with either: Laser unit, Transfer belt unit, Paper transfer unit, fuser, registration roller/paper path. IE, I think its mechanical, rather than electrical (I could be wrong, It's been known before).

So. First thing I would check is the piece of plastic, located just under the fuser unit on the rear side of the machine that the transfer roller locks into. Ive had a couple of these break, and its an easy fix. Only held on with one screw (maybe two).

Next thing I would check is that all the gears on the fuser are meshing correctly. (I don't think this is very likely the cause, but may as well check this anyway).

Check the transfer belt unit, although I think you said you have changed this anyway.

Like one of the other posters said, also check the side door is closing properly.

Hopefully, this has given you something to work on. and a few more ideas to help you.

Regards

Alex

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

[QUOTE=Codex;441547 I've already replaced the transfer roller assy....[/QUOTE]Are you referring to the paper transfer roller? If so, try replacing the ITB unit. Seems like you covered most everything else.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts GhostInTheMachine's Avatar

Hard to tell from the one example, but it looks like possibly a transfer bias problem (could be on ITB or PTR). Check all of your bias terminal connections. Is the PTR clean or is there toner building up on it? Poor transfer can be caused either by bad connections or dirty bias rollers. If you replaced both units with new ones, that would eliminate the possibility of dirty rollers. So I would definitely check all the connections and make sure you have the correct (steady) voltage coming off the HVPS.