Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Angry Service mode on 3350b

I have a ricoh 3350B. This device is not recognizing the toner. After research i was told to go into service mode 3045. This option is not available.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Service mode on 3350b

Re: Service mode on 3350b

Check your PCU first.
    They are good for 60-80K.
    One that has worn developer will give a false add toner message.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Technician

okay thanks. This device will not recognize the toner and keeps requesting toner. sorry im just learning. what do i need to check in the PCU?

Remove the toner bottle and make sure that the stopper hasn't broken off the previous toner bottle. If it hasn't, check that the hopper can pull the current toner bottle's stopper by removing the hopper, pull the bottle as close to the front as possible, pull the handle down and then carefully pull the bottle away. If the cap is removed the toner should be visible. If the stopper hasn't been removed, replace the hopper. If the stopper has, check the toner drive motor in OUTPUT; in service mode.

If you do all this and it still doesn't clear, replace the complete PCU. (Type 1027, if I am not mistaken.)

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    Remove the toner bottle and make sure that the stopper hasn't broken off the previous toner bottle. If it hasn't, check that the hopper can pull the current toner bottle's stopper by removing the hopper, pull the bottle as close to the front as possible, pull the handle down and then carefully pull the bottle away. If the cap is removed the toner should be visible. If the stopper hasn't been removed, replace the hopper. If the stopper has, check the toner drive motor in OUTPUT; in service mode.

If you do all this and it still doesn't clear, replace the complete PCU. (Type 1027, if I am not mistaken.)

Thank you! I will try that!