Senior Tech 100+ Posts

How to disable pop-up message "FinisherError, please call service"

Just ask a silly question how to disable pop-up message on screen "Finisher Error, please call service" Because the bridge unit is used as cosmetic decoration, Rear cover is missing. Unplug the connector and taped bridge gate down did not achieve good result, because of height increased, one or two page is OK, 5 or 10 pages each job caused the problem, blocking Paper Exit path. papers don't push forward

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: How to disable pop-up message "FinisherError, please call service"

The fastest and most permanent way would be to remove the bridge unit.
    I suppose you could also take the bridge unit apart and disconnect the internal wiring so that the machine doesn't detect it.
    Either way has the same effect.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    The fastest and most permanent way would be to remove the bridge unit.
    I suppose you could also take the bridge unit apart and disconnect the internal wiring so that the machine doesn't detect it.
    Either way has the same effect.
    Either way has the different effect. here is particularly discussing about "show-off" skill. For end-user, I reset the phone number as 911, let them laughing. If disconnecting the wire, bridge's transporting roller stop, the bridge's bank is high close to the exit. Paper's free fall speed reducing, as I said, one or two pages no problem, more pages will stack in the front of the exit.

You ask a question and when a tech gives you an answer they're "showing off"?
    Mate I think Fixya are looking for you

Quote Originally Posted by peterxu256 View Post
    Either way has the different effect. here is particularly discussing about "show-off" skill. For end-user, I reset the phone number as 911, let them laughing. If disconnecting the wire, bridge's transporting roller stop, the bridge's bank is high close to the exit. Paper's free fall speed reducing, as I said, one or two pages no problem, more pages will stack in the front of the exit.
    Taping gates and unplugging wires seems like a overly complicated and unstable solution to the problem. Remove the bridge unit. Spend some time thinking up a way to cover up the hole, or get a replacement cover,if that is of importance.
    Also, don't pick on Iowatech for providing alternatives. Your original question was "how to disable pop-up message", remember?