Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: Ricoh MP C4501 Admin Password

Personally I'm happy this got posted. We have always used the NVRAM method, what a hassle. We buy ten to twenty lease return machines at a time and once in a while we are locked out of a machine.

I don't understand why this is a big secret, isn't this a tech help site?. We get parts support from a Ricoh dealer (we are not) and I have asked them about this in the past ... is there a backdoor like Kyocera has? The answer was always, not that we know of, I feel sand bagged.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C4501 Admin Password

Quote Originally Posted by Black lung View Post
    Personally I'm happy this got posted. We have always used the NVRAM method, what a hassle. We buy ten to twenty lease return machines at a time and once in a while we are locked out of a machine.

I don't understand why this is a big secret, isn't this a tech help site?. We get parts support from a Ricoh dealer (we are not) and I have asked them about this in the past ... is there a backdoor like Kyocera has? The answer was always, not that we know of, I feel sand bagged.
    Most dealer techs who have never asked their regional support rep for help with lost admin and supervisor passwords do not know that it exists.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Most dealer techs who have never asked their regional support rep for help with lost admin and supervisor passwords do not know that it exists.
    We've been an RFG dealer since we started (20 years ago) and I've contacted numerous regional support reps and I've never heard of this, I too have always been told to use the NVRAM fix as there was no other work around. What a crock!!!!!

[QUOTE = jazzih; 462085] Restablecer contraseña de administrador y supervisor

Ejecute SP5846-046 en 143, no en el modo de servicio 107.
    Esto borrará todas las libretas de direcciones y la configuración inicial.

recuerde hacer una copia de seguridad de su libreta de direcciones antes de ejecutar

Cheers [/ QUOTE]

¿Seguro que sí funciona?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C4501 Admin Password

A few years ago Ricoh changed the sequence for entering main SP mode. One of the reasons for this was that too many unauthorized people had obtained them. WE ARE ONLY 1 FIRMWARE UPDATE AWAY FROM THEM CHANGING ACCESS TO FACTORY SP. When that happens we are all screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by 88hawkfan View Post
    We've been an RFG dealer since we started (20 years ago) and I've contacted numerous regional support reps and I've never heard of this, I too have always been told to use the NVRAM fix as there was no other work around. What a crock!!!!!
    Ricoh use this process when they refurbish machines for resale.
    Ricoh National Technical Support here in Australia are more than happy to have us use this Factory Mode address book/pw clear and have told us how to do it on plenty of occasions.

Did you not know about Factory Mode?
    Factory Mode in the hands of an end user is the fastest way to turn a machine into a 4 slice toaster...THAT'S why it's not to be made public in these forums.
    In most cases we're happy to share it in PM....just not publicly
    Last edited by Oze; 08-08-2018 at 01:16 AM.