Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Ricoh pro c900 without SD Cards

Hi all,

I recently bought a Ricoh pro c900 that came without the SD cards so the fiery doesn't show up on the screen and of course I can't use it. Please advice me what to do. is there a website that has this software that I can just normally copy it on a normal SD card and insert it in the machine or do I have to order the SD cards and where can I get them.

Thanks in advance

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh pro c900 without SD Cards

The fiery controller is a separate computer mounted on the back of the Pro C900. It does not require an SD card as it is not actually operated by the main GW controller. Make sure that the fiery controller is installed, connected and turned on.
    Fiery.jpg

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

On the c900 the standard Fiery is mounted inside the rear section of the c900. It is a complete fiery and does connect to the c900 via a cat 6 cable, but it is inside the rear section cover of the c900.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Technician

thank you both for your reply.

unfortunately it is still not working. I made sure that all the cables are connected and even replaced the back part as a whole with another yet the fiery didn't show up on the touch panel.
    if you still have any piece of advice I can try I would be grateful.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts tjvincent's Avatar

I would try hooking up a monitor, mouse & keyboard to the Fiery and see if it tells you anything, i did have to reload System Software on 1 Fiery for this issue.

Technician

are you sure because some one who has the same machine sent me the below pictures and told me that the fiery has to be operated by the SD Card (shown in pictures). The SD Card slot is also in the picture

http://i.imgur.com/5pKl4VD.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/d4BRjXb.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/8XhrInh.jpg

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ahmed9591 View Post
    are you sure because some one who has the same machine sent me the below pictures and told me that the fiery has to be operated by the SD Card (shown in pictures). The SD Card slot is also in the picture

http://i.imgur.com/5pKl4VD.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/d4BRjXb.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/8XhrInh.jpg
    There are two SD card slots on the Pro C900/C900S. Slot 2 is used for firmware updates and for the Java VM card. Slot 1 is used for MFP options: PostScript, Data Overwrite Security Unit and File Format Converter.

The SD card you attached a picture of is a CE tool card and is used to load the customer paper types after it has been prepared.

If the fiery menu is not showing on the screen, either the fiery server is not connected correctly, is not being powered up or has crashed. Since the service manual cautions numerous times that the fiery must be shut down before turning off the Pro C900, if the system had not been shutdown properly, the fiery could be crashed.

Technician

well first of all thank you for your reply. what you said is kind of shocking to me because I've been searching a lot for that SD Card and couldn't find now I understand why.

you have told me before how to connect the fiery so let's assume that I connected it properly then how can I make sure it is turned on. If that didn't work I will be sure that the fiery crashed so in that case how can I fix it.

thanks again in advance

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Take the advice that tjvincent gave you and hookup a monitor, keyboard, mouse. That Fiery is just a windows XP computer. Make sure the fiery tower is plugged in and the switch on the back is turned on. Then turn on the C900 copier, the fiery should boot and you can watch the progress on the monitor.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

You need a service manual. You might also want to have the trouble shooting guide. I believe that there is a rocker switch above the power cord connector on the Fiery server. It should be on. There is a small window on the Fiery cover top corner toward the LCIT. There is a two digit display in back of the window. If t he Fiery is on, the display should also be on.