Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MPC8002 Tandem Tray

Re: MPC8002 Tandem Tray

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    Is it possible to swap the 1st feed assy with the 2nd?
    Yes, at least you can with the 8001.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC8002 Tandem Tray

I didn't even think about the fact that this is the same model series as the MP C6502. The sensors on the right tandem tray on these can be a major pain. They are mounted on a rather thin metal plate in back of the tray in stead of on the back of the tray. The plate is prone to flexing and causing multiple errors. Check that the bottom limit sensor is not being falsely triggered.

I had one machine that in the course of two days indicated that the tray was over filled when it was empty, that it was empty when it was full and finally that the drawer was not closed when it was. I finally found that the flag on the remnants of what had been the rear gate tat open for the paper to slide over on older tandem trays was not always fully entering the sensor. Used a piece of gum label to extend the flag and no more problems.

Technician

HI Guys
    Thanks for all the posts. The problem I've been having with the tandem tray has now been resolved. It turned out there were 2 problems. The first was the RH tray rear gate was not activating the sensor correctly, I've used a piece of tape to increase the size of the tab on the gate so the sensor now knows the gate position. I would suggest this be done on all the machines as the design seems a little flakey to me. Once I'd done this the LH stack would transfer OK but the RH side would not lift and the LH end fence would not return. I replaced both the "home position" and "return" sensor (even though these both checked fine using input checks in SP mode, but I have noticed the photo interupters in the 02 series don't seem to be as reliable as in previous models). Tandem tray now working perfectly. The combination of both these problems had the tandem tray doing some very strange things!
    Cheers

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    Mr Edge,
    Did you find the trouble with the tandem tray issue? I don't mean to hijack your thread but I have a MPC6000 that has a weird problem, the RT tray will run out of paper, the machine shows that tray empty then the left tray starts to shift the left stack over but the RT tray lift plate never lowers so the paper stack is jammed under the RT lift plate. The RT tray back fence is NOT bent and the lift plate falls perfect when the tray is pulled out. I have done firmware and replaced lift motor and paper board with known good ones. Also I can't seem to find the output SP code to test the tandem tray lift motor operation if it exists?
    I did find the issue and have posted the solution at the end of this tread.