Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Re: ricoh machine Mp4000 speed ,how upto MP5000

Quote Originally Posted by nmfaxman View Post
    I have an old analog copier. I want it to print, scan and copy in color.

Where can I get the magic wand?

Answer: It sits under the tree that grows money.
    I once had a customer, over several visits, insist that I make the copier work outside of its specifications, eventually I lost my patience and invited them to search my tool case for the magic wand, and if they found it, then I would "fix" their machine. I do believe that was the last visit I ever made to that particular customer
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Technician

I knowe 4000 and 5000 the control board,BICU board diffrent ,the fireware is same , I think must have a tool can reboot the machine and write to machine ,but i donot knowe
    ,now i want to fix the board EPROM file to anothe

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    ricoh machine  Mp4000  speed  ,how upto  MP5000

Quote Originally Posted by fuwei2422 View Post
    I knowe 4000 and 5000 the control board,BICU board diffrent ,the fireware is same , I think must have a tool can reboot the machine and write to machine ,but i donot knowe
    ,now i want to fix the board EPROM file to anothe
    Whether the machine is a 4000 or a 5000 is determined by a number of things. Firmware (not fireware which is what fireman wears for protection), EEPROM and NVRAM are the same on both other data stored in the NVRAM. NVRAM data is specific to the machine. It contains counters, machines settings, encrypted Administrator names and passwords, serial number data and regional data. NVRAM data can be copied to a SD card for the purpose of saving on a PC naming to identify each as to the serial number of the machine it belongs on in case you have a NVRAM fail you will have all the machine settings needed to reload on a new NVRAM and have the machine running properly. Trying to copy it back onto a different machine can open a whole new can of worms and could result in hours or days of work in order to get that machine back to functional.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    ricoh machine  Mp4000  speed  ,how upto  MP5000

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Whether the machine is a 4000 or a 5000 is determined by a number of things. Firmware (not fireware which is what fireman wears for protection), EEPROM and NVRAM are the same on both other data stored in the NVRAM. NVRAM data is specific to the machine. It contains counters, machines settings, encrypted Administrator names and passwords, serial number data and regional data. NVRAM data can be copied to a SD card for the purpose of saving on a PC naming to identify each as to the serial number of the machine it belongs on in case you have a NVRAM fail you will have all the machine settings needed to reload on a new NVRAM and have the machine running properly. Trying to copy it back onto a different machine can open a whole new can of worms and could result in hours or days of work in order to get that machine back to functional.
    Copying nv ram from one Ricoh to another from the back up file can't be done even if you rename the file to the new serial number of a different machine. There are differences in the meta data of the file...........been there tried that, doesn't work....................................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations