Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts kannuki2's Avatar

"Set Fusing unit Correctly" will not go away

Hello Gentlemen, I have a MPC300(SR) with the error message "Set Fusing Unit Correctly". Thus far, I've replaced the following parts:

1. New Fusing Unit Assembly
    2. Thermopile
    3. Power Supply Unit

The machine will work for 2 hours after the replacement then it coded out again. Have anyone seen this issue before? Also, I checked all interlock switches working and push switch on the side door.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: "Set Fusing unit Correctly" will not go away

CHECK THE PINS IN YOUR FUSING CONNECTORS!!!

I have seen a freak incident where a connector was bad (on the fuser itself, I think!) and the pin had slid back into the connector, therefore not making any contact with the connector on the main machine! You should be able to get a pair of forceps and pull the pin back into position!

Just a Thought!

Thanks qbert, I did check all the pins at the time i replaced the new fusing unit. The weirdest thing about this problem is after I replaced the fusing unit, it will work for awhile. Then if the machine goes off or to energy saver mode, then it errors out with that message. I've upgraded all firmwares to latest versions. Energy saver firmware to version 1.7.1.

Thanks for your input, i will double check the connector once more time.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

I don't know how much this will help, the mothership is currently switching to brand X, so I don't have access to the newer machines like this one.
    Still, I have seen something like this on the MPC2030 where the plastic latches that hold the fuser in place got damaged.
    Sorry if that was a waste of time.

*Resolved* You will not believe what my senior tech and I found. The rear fusing fan was not "ON" when we did output check sp5804-100. So we swapped a good fan and was still not working. We replaced BICU and immediately the fan came right on. So when i shut the machine off for 1 day it worked the next day. The heat was trapped behind all the boards and it triggered the message. The only thing I do not understand is what triggers the message "set fusing unit correctly" when it is too hot. Is that a safety mechanism from the thermopile to prevent fire to the machine when the machine gets too hot?

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kannuki2 View Post
    *Resolved* You will not believe what my senior tech and I found. The rear fusing fan was not "ON" when we did output check sp5804-100. So we swapped a good fan and was still not working. We replaced BICU and immediately the fan came right on. So when i shut the machine off for 1 day it worked the next day. The heat was trapped behind all the boards and it triggered the message. The only thing I do not understand is what triggers the message "set fusing unit correctly" when it is too hot. Is that a safety mechanism from the thermopile to prevent fire to the machine when the machine gets too hot?
    You just said a bad BICU was the issue. I don't think safety has anything to do with it. Thermal protection falls under the SC 5XX codes. A bad BICU can cause all sorts of weird stuff.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Strange, I would have expected the machine to throw an error related to the fan not spinning etc!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

"set fuser unit correct" will also appear after the BICU eeprom has been replaced due to the area selection being the wrong country.
    Set in factory SP to the correct location & reboot.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

you swap fan first and then board and it started working . Do you go back and test old fan to see if it was good. Could be your board went bad and that was main issue.

Quote Originally Posted by aabs View Post
    "set fuser unit correct" will also appear after the BICU eeprom has been replaced due to the area selection being the wrong country.
    Set in factory SP to the correct location & reboot.
    how do i set my location