Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

mp c4500 fault code sc 221

Was making copies but having copy quality problems. New drums /developer powder/ Image assy/ Transfer roller assy. I pulled laser unit out had a bunch of toner on it clean it. now having code sc 221. Laser synchronizing detection error: start position [K]: LD1. I have check all my connections any suggestions. i did the clearing 9511 for magenta / yellow/ cyan before removing laser unit.

Re: mp c4500 fault code sc 221

Note i tried another laser unit get samething

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mp c4500 fault code sc 221

You might not have gotten all the connectors completely seated.

have unplugged connectors a couple of times to make sure no pins bent and seated properly. Did not touch any on laser unit but did push on them to make sure noting got pulled while sliding it in an out

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bob marley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    Was making copies but having copy quality problems. New drums /developer powder/ Image assy/ Transfer roller assy. I pulled laser unit out had a bunch of toner on it clean it. now having code sc 221. Laser synchronizing detection error: start position [K]: LD1. I have check all my connections any suggestions. i did the clearing 9511 for magenta / yellow/ cyan before removing laser unit.

I think what caused that problem was sp 9511 . because it reset the skew correction value ( sp 2 -119 - 001 to 003 ) to 0 , do sp 2118 ( 1 to 3 ) , this will Changes the current skew adjustment values to the values specified with sp 2117 ( skew adjustment value for the skew motor M, C or Y.)

Check laser works fine in another copier . Tried each pass thru connectors that laser plugs into same code. swap IPU board with good one same problem.

swap power supply same code also check to make sure 5v was there for ipu board was ok.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar

So, this happened after you changed parts?
    1st try sp2111 003 several times, if this works try 2111 001. If ok.... fixed!

Check there is no obstruction on the right hand door, if this isn't fully closed the front right door switches (laser interlocks) may be open. You can try cheating these (and the white push switch at the back) with the door open and see If the machine boots.

If the laser interlock circuit is open you would get the 1st laser code in the sequence, which is probably K laser start.
    Had this (or similar) on an mpc5000 due to foam cleaner in the switches.