Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts CaptnRed's Avatar

Ricoh 1075 Skewing, jittering, Buckeling

Hi Folks, I've got this Ricoh 1075 shooting skew images.

I rebuilt the drum, developer, and transfer unit. After completing the PM, I starting noticing a crunching noise. Images are skewed, when I open it up and run a long job, I can see jittering/buckeling from the registration hand off to transfer.

I attached a video of the machine.

Thanks,
    CaptnRed
    Last edited by CaptnRed; 12-10-2014 at 06:41 AM.

just one copy?? 500+ Posts

Re: Ricoh 1075 Skewing, jittering, Buckeling

Did you disassemble the transfer belt unit and check everything is in it's correct place?
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Been back several times, I back tracked everything I handled on the PM. re-seated the developer, re-seated the transfer belt, re-seated the drum unit. I'm not finding anything blatantly out of place.

Point of note: I'm not 100% sure if the problem was there before I worked on it, Developer was shot to hell and had light to blank images after 5-10 copies were made, hence the PM. Machine has over 1.3 million clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by jonezy999 View Post
    Did you disassemble the transfer belt unit and check everything is in it's correct place?

Technician

Have you tried to see if this problem occurs from more than one tray. If it only happens from one particular tray check the vertical transfer guide to the right of the feed stations as sometimes the white idler rollers become dislodged and cause uneven feed tension when feeding and causing skew. Also check that paper in the tray has no folded corners. Hope this gives you some ideas if not already fixed. You can also check to see if the rego roller has even pressure on both front and rear

Thanks for reminding me. Yes, with fresh paper, we ran jobs out of all the other trays including the by-pass and the same problem occurs. Because of that, I focused in the processing area only.

I haven't checked the gaping of the registration, I'm working on getting a transfer assy. and registration components. When I get back I'll check those white idler rollers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TOSKO View Post
    Have you tried to see if this problem occurs from more than one tray. If it only happens from one particular tray check the vertical transfer guide to the right of the feed stations as sometimes the white idler rollers become dislodged and cause uneven feed tension when feeding and causing skew. Also check that paper in the tray has no folded corners. Hope this gives you some ideas if not already fixed. You can also check to see if the rego roller has even pressure on both front and rear

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Almost every time I have had buckling with the B064/065 series it has been caused by the paper registration and relay section. You may want to pull that entire section out the right end of the machine. With 1.3M on it the Mylar guides might need to be replaced.

Yeah my inclination is its the registration assy. I'm looking at the PC and making a list of parts I need.

Slimslob do you happen to have a cheat sheet for part numbers to order for the reg and relay sections?

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Almost every time I have had buckling with the B064/065 series it has been caused by the paper registration and relay section. You may want to pull that entire section out the right end of the machine. With 1.3M on it the Mylar guides might need to be replaced.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnRed View Post
    Yeah my inclination is its the registration assy. I'm looking at the PC and making a list of parts I need.

Slimslob do you happen to have a cheat sheet for part numbers to order for the reg and relay sections?
    Just look it up in the parts catalog. Machine is old enough that it is be fore the dreaded 3D parts catalogs.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar

Agree with tosko / slimslob, at 1.3m may well need reg mylars. Does the machine have an LCT? These knock out the mylars.Also look for signs of dev spill around the reg gears, could be leaking dev unit seals and if so, check the 1 way bearings and possibly the feed and relay motors. If you hear a buzz or vibration as it jams could be a tight motor.

The image skew suggests a mechanical blockage in the feed system. Odd that it's on a long run, silly question, did you check and clean the reg and relay sensors, these would cause intermittent jams..... but not the skew (?) are all the transport rollers all seated correctly? Whats the jam history?

Swop out the whole entrance section to test.