Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

MPC2800 Touch Panel no light

Hi Guys,

recently i have this problem on my Ricoh MPC2800 that Touch panel has no back light, touch screen remain can operate by touching on the screen. i have replace the below parts and check the wiring but remain the same.

1. replace whole touch panel
    2. replace power supply

Next step i thinking to change the BISU board. anyone come across this problem before?

please advise...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: MPC2800 Touch Panel no light

i fought one long time ago, replaced everything, power, laser, etc, still wouldnt work. unplugged HDD and it came up. reformatted and all was well. try unplugging hdd and see if that cures it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

There is a tech service bulletin out about the polygon motor in the laser unit. It is susceptible to shorting out which can also damage your BICU. The copier will seem to boot as normal except the screen will remain black. Replace the polygon motor with part AX060396 and the BICU board as a set and that should fix it. Assuming your symptoms are what the bulletin describes. BULLETIN NUMBER: D023/D025 – 021 REISSUE  12/16/2011

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rosspt View Post
    There is a tech service bulletin out about the polygon motor in the laser unit. It is susceptible to shorting out which can also damage your BICU. The copier will seem to boot as normal except the screen will remain black. Replace the polygon motor with part AX060396 and the BICU board as a set and that should fix it. Assuming your symptoms are what the bulletin describes. BULLETIN NUMBER: D023/D025 – 021 REISSUE  12/16/2011
    I don't think this is the problem. If I remember correctly that also produces an error code (SC202?) and the machine is totally locked up. Sounds more like the board in the op panel that powers the back light for the touch panel is bad, or maybe the back light is burned out. As it looks like the power supply part has been replaced, I'd guess the back light for the display is burned out.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thank you rosspt and LNorris for the advice given.. will try to replace the BICU board and HDD later.

Iowatech, i had replaces the whole touch panel assy, but remain the same, meanwhile, i don't see SC202 on the screen because users are using torch light to operate the copier without problems ^_*

Cheers!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts kannuki2's Avatar

Are there any movement when you open and close the front cover ? Try to Web into the machine and hopefully you can WIM into with customer computer to check for the error code.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

So they are still printing and making copies without having any screen display? Not sure what you mean by using "torch light" to operate the copier. If the machine is non-responsive and the panel is black it is very possible that you have a laser and bicu issue. You may or may not get the SC code and even if you do, you can't see it because the display is not lit. If the copier is somewhat functional, try the bicu board.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

so, do you mean that you replaced the entire operation sub-unit(entire contol panel assy)?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Have you tried the 2 panels in another machine? For the symptoms you describe I usually replace the invertor:tft ( my parts manual says D009 1486 ) for this machine.
    Totoro

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

It's a common issue: Cause is usually a faulty polygonmotor - unplug it and check if the machine comes back on. If sou you just need to get a new one. If not your BICU is also dead and needs a repair/swap. Don't install a new BICU without swapping the polygonmotor before - otherwise it gets toasted, too!!!