Thread: mp9000 jam

Unhappy mp9000 jam

hi fellas recently worked on mp9000 and when machine start it's revealed (R) JAM in finisher then i must open finisher and close it .and no papers found. every time in opening machine. i noticed that finisher tray . not move down .it's move left right .when sorting .i makes test on left motor while machine start .it's raised but when sorting not get down. help please

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    mp9000 jam

Re: mp9000 jam

Quote Originally Posted by vargue View Post
    hi fellas recently worked on mp9000 and when machine start it's revealed (R) JAM in finisher then i must open finisher and close it .and no papers found. every time in opening machine. i noticed that finisher tray . not move down .it's move left right .when sorting .i makes test on left motor while machine start .it's raised but when sorting not get down. help please
    Which finisher does it have and what jam code is logged????????????????????????????????????????
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Technician

if it's an sr5000, replace the motor that moves the tray up en down, it's a common problem.

Kind regards

b830 j116 jam code

i get down tray manually with my hands until down and switch off and on it's raise up if it's tray motor yo will hear big noise .

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mp9000 jam

Quote Originally Posted by vargue View Post
    b830 j116 jam code
    Per Goose's Guide Jam Code 116 is the staple motor defective, or could be a loose connection or defective going to the stapler. If you have another finisher around, try swapping out the staple head. Now if you had put the jam code in your first it would have saved a couple of days getting to here.

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

There should be a black, L-shaped stack height arm that rests on the shift output tray.

If that is out of it's bracket or missing completely the tray will drive all the way down until the motor loudly clicks and will usually indicate a jam 1-2 times, then an SC750 (I think, but I'm not getting the manual out) code.

Also, in the runners of the shift tray there should be upper and lower limit sensors, check they are present and correct.