Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Pro 907 SC 495/494

Pro 907 SC 495/494

Hello, fellow techs. I'm fighting a sc 495 and sc494 on the pro 907. I have vacuumed the tubes, but I still get the code after about 200-300 prints. I am getting ready to pull the toner pump motor and check the sensor. I only have one of these beasts, so I'm a little unfamiliar with this issue on this model. Has anyone ran into this before?
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Technician / Shop Manager 100+ Posts JonManchester's Avatar

Re: Pro 907 SC 495/494

this is straight from our service ticket. SC 495 Re-acurring. Cleaned the auger and hose from the cylinder as well as cylinder & sensor. Called Tech support they said after a 495 to replace the torque limiter on toner bank/auger. (B234-3424) Also check for toner rocks we've had to bring back a couple of toner bottles that had them from that location. Those get in the tubes and cylinder and clog things up.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Pro 907 SC 495/494

From Goose's Guide for SC 494:
    Toner transport unit error - Toner supply coil defective
    Toner transport unit error - Toner supply tube defective
    Toner transport unit error - Toner supply clutch defective
    Toner transport unit error - Torque limiter defective
    Toner transport unit error - Clean coil, tubing, clutch and torque limiter
    Toner transport unit error - Replace B234 3424 Torque Limiter - 50T
    Toner transport unit error - Replace AX20 0301 Magnetic Clutch: in toner bank.
    Toner transport unit error - update the engine fw to 1.09.1:04 or higher

For SC 495:
    Toner bottle unit error - Toner supply pump motor defective
    Toner bottle unit error - Toner end sensor in the toner supply cylinder defective
    Toner bottle unit error - Blockage in the toner supply tube
    Toner bottle unit error - Agitator in the toner supply cylinder defective
    Toner bottle unit error - Toner supply cylinder agitator motor defective
    Toner bottle unit error - Scraper in agitation cylinder not cleaning toner end sensor...
    Check toner supply motor voltage/trigger @ IOB CN 320 B2 and B5
    Toner bottle unit error - update engine fw to 1.09.2.:04 or higher

Firmware appears to be a cause for both. Always a good place to start.

If you need Goose's Guide: Goose's Guide is Baaaaack!

Hair Straightener Tech 500+ Posts rsyarcia's Avatar

We encountered this codes many times on this models and cleaning the toner supply(tubes,toner pump, etc.) unit solved the issue.
    Nobody is perfect..

There is Zillion sensors involved in that code. the dreaded SC495. Strip and clean the hopper aswell.

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

One thing I've done many times in the past to fault-find this is remove the intermediate cylinder (where the stupidly long transport coil from the toner bank ends and the toner is air-pumped from to the dev unit), but leave it's harnesses connected, then put a toner/dev disposal bag in such a place to catch the toner coming out the end of the coil (and have your vac on standby and some stretch n dusts) and turn on the toner bank motor and transport clutch in output mode and make sure you can see the coil turn smoothly without binding and make sure there's a supply of toner coming up from the toner bank.

If the coil doesn't turn at all I'd be looking at the clutch and/or torque limiter in the toner bank

If the coil doesn't turn smoothly or appears to bind, give it a thorough vaccing out, check the coil for kinks, reassemble and try again, if it's still bad replace the coil and tube.

If the coil turns ok but no toner is being transported up it, I'd look very carefully at the toner bank, check that the bottle chuck engages and releases properly (sometimes when they get caked up internally with toner the chuck doesn't open completely and it fails to open the bung on the toner bottles).

If all of the above appears ok, then look at the black tube that goes up from the intermediate cylinder to the air pump above the dev unit, the black pipe could be clogged and/or the air pump might be bad (I don't know about other people's experiences but I service quite a few variants of these machines and I've had this pump go bad only once, I've had lots of pump failures on the MPC3500/4500 range of machines however which is a similar sort of arrangement)

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Pro 907 SC 495/494

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie1981 View Post

If the coil doesn't turn at all I'd be looking at the clutch and/or torque limiter in the toner bank
    I've got these on order. I've got a serious lack of toner supply, and I don't see the augers turning. Thanks for the replies, I bumped the rep of everyone that posted on this thread. Have a great Christmas!
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Technician

Dear
    i have many machine in the field like 907, 1356, 1106, 1107 and each machine give sc 495 just clean the hopper pumb from inside.

Technician

SC494 can also result from toner bottle not fitting properly into the toner hopper.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Pro 907 SC 495/494

Quote Originally Posted by Oluwadare View Post
    SC494 can also result from toner bottle not fitting properly into the toner hopper.
    This machine needed the clutch and torque limiter, which fixed it (back in December)
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING