Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Question MP 3352 SP interrupts printing

I have an issue with printing on Ricoh MP3352 SP (PCL 6 driver). Machine interrupts printing large files. There is no problem with a small amount of pages, but after more than 200 pages of printing is stopped. New firmware - no changes. What could be the cause?

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: MP 3352 SP interrupts printing

You tried PCL5? It seems a lot less twitchy than 6.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Technician

I have SMC from this machine. There are a lot of SC: 670, 899, 865, 819, 991. In SC Detailed info i have various strings like "IMH:../../gwpf_std/i", "P2ERR2", "!!:device_io_hd.c", "SCS:scs_time_count.c". Is it controller board, memory or HDD? Maybe all together? Machine has only 30k prints.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP 3352 SP interrupts printing

[QUOTNew firmware - no changes. What could be the cause?[/QUOTE]

Current firmware can help many of these codes. Does the machine have ALL of the NEWEST firmware available?

Did you try the PCL5 driver?

If that does not help, I would try reformatting the HDD, or maybe try a different HDD.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steele View Post
    I have an issue with printing on Ricoh MP3352 SP (PCL 6 driver). Machine interrupts printing large files. There is no problem with a small amount of pages, but after more than 200 pages of printing is stopped. New firmware - no changes. What could be the cause?
    Quote Originally Posted by steele View Post
    I have SMC from this machine. There are a lot of SC: 670, 899, 865, 819, 991. In SC Detailed info i have various strings like "IMH:../../gwpf_std/i", "P2ERR2", "!!:device_io_hd.c", "SCS:scs_time_count.c". Is it controller board, memory or HDD? Maybe all together? Machine has only 30k prints.
    SC 670 and 865 can be a HDD problem. SC 670 can also occur if you are trying to update firmware and either there is a read error on the SD card, too many files/folders on the SD card that do not apply to this model, or the SD card is too large (usually older machines required smaller than 2GB, 512MB or 1MB are all I use).

SC 819, 899, and 991 normally are firmware issue. Even if you have the current firmware, frequently reflashing the firmware will correct the problem.

As to the stopping when printing, 200 pages is a rather large job to be sending over the network and is asking for all sorts of network caused problems. Try sending the job to the document server in batches of 10 to 20 pages. The entire document can then be assembled in the document server for printing.

If your customer really wants to send 200 pages as one print job, learn how to use the debug log. After the problem occurs, you can save the log to an SD card and send it to tech support for analysis.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Go to user Tools > Printer > I/O host tab and increase the buffer size to 256. (I've also been increasing the time to 60 sec. since a tech told me it got a job to print that was throwing the Sc899 code)

I'm with everyone else on reflashing ALL of the firmware for the Sc codes. There sure seem to be a lot of posts about Sc819 codes lately. I'm beginning to wonder if this is an issue with newer machines. In the past it's always been related to an SD card problem for me.

Technician

Re: MP 3352 SP interrupts printing UPDATE

I reflashed all firmware, and formatted HDD. For two weeks, the machine worked without problems.
    Yesterday it started again (lot of SC's):
    sc.jpg

In addition, the machine prints the odd things after several pages:

lines.jpg

I changed HDD for brand new one. No effect. I decided to replace the entire controller except NVRAM and printer/scanner card. So far everything works ok, but what if the problem occurs again?

Technician

Anybody? One day after replacement customer reported SC 670.

Hello Everyone!

I have one question how to download Firmware MP 3352 for solve problem SC 899?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Penghour View Post
    Hello Everyone!

I have one question how to download Firmware MP 3352 for solve problem SC 899?
    Go away grave robber.