Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Warning Mp C8002 PSU electrocuted (almost)

Re: Warning Mp C8002 PSU electrocuted (almost)

I remember my high school auto shop class. It had a spark plug tester. The boot over the connector that connected to the spark plug had a pin hole in it. If your finger was near the piun hole when you pressed the test button it gave you a good wake up jolt.

Another is to make a "Hot Seat'. Take to pieces of copper screening and attach them to the top of a wooden stool leaving about a half inch gap between. Connect the pieces of screen to a Model A ignition coil. Cover the screen with felt. Have someone seat on the stool ans when they say the wrong, press the button to turn on the ignition coil.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ewizzy View Post
    I think I must be a bit weird.......

I quite like an electric shock, makes me feel a bit wibbly wobbly and puts a grin on my face. I used to love working on the old analogue Harris 3M copiers etc that a switched on the negative side. Always used to get a bolt when cleaning the optics (lamp is always live even when front door is open and clam shell opened) and working on fusers too..... accidentally touching the live terminals.

Health and safety rules put a stop to that business though

Shocking news Mwahahaha
    Electric shock frequency generator is a quick easy way to clean parasites from your body. The electrical zapping techniques are by no means new to people, they go back thousands of years.
    I believe it was first used by the Myan an Incas who made the first batteries from clay pots copper coils and citris juice.
    There are Ancient cultures that used clay pot batteries as far back as 200 BC

I use a frequency zapper quite often. If I have a back pain or bruise muscle, I stimulate that target area with electrical pulses.
    You don't need a lot of current or voltage to get relief.
    It works quite fine. I usually feel better the next day. If I want to clean out parasites I run 20 mins on and off in 3 cycles.
    No more feeling hungry or itchy backside. There you have it straight to the point. Simple as it gets.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 01-16-2015 at 09:48 PM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I remember my high school auto shop class. It had a spark plug tester. The boot over the connector that connected to the spark plug had a pin hole in it. If your finger was near the piun hole when you pressed the test button it gave you a good wake up jolt.

Another is to make a "Hot Seat'. Take to pieces of copper screening and attach them to the top of a wooden stool leaving about a half inch gap between. Connect the pieces of screen to a Model A ignition coil. Cover the screen with felt. Have someone seat on the stool ans when they say the wrong, press the button to turn on the ignition coil.
    Back in high school, we took the electronics instructor to task. WE ran a wire from 1 spark plug in the passenger door to the drivers seat. He drove a little datson with metal door handles. When he turned the key he got shocked. Then he tried to start the car again and it ran on 3 cylinders and he got shocked by anything he touched...............

Then there was the time I was working on an old ricoh FT4060, with the door cheated I flipped the TS corona down and my finger hit the sep wire. Put me back about 3 feet on my ass....................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Back in high school, we took the electronics instructor to task. WE ran a wire from 1 spark plug in the passenger door to the drivers seat. He drove a little datson with metal door handles. When he turned the key he got shocked. Then he tried to start the car again and it ran on 3 cylinders and he got shocked by anything he touched...............

Then there was the time I was working on an old ricoh FT4060, with the door cheated I flipped the TS corona down and my finger hit the sep wire. Put me back about 3 feet on my ass....................
    When we were young my brother an I would play around with an old army field marshal telephone. Put your fingers on the two wire terminals and wind the handle of the phone. It felt like someone was shaking your brain from the inside.

We also played around with mustang fighter plane ignition generator. Holly crap could they kick with just a half turn.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnyb View Post
    The correct shutting down procedure on a MPC 8002 is ...
    1. Power off with soft switch.
    2. Unplug.
    3. Power on with soft switch. (the machine will discharge the PSU).

You can also discharge a capacitor (If you must) with a pair of needle nose (insulated) pliers, terminal to terminal.
    Hi johnyb

can I just confirm that in stage 3 you press the soft switch with the m/c still unplugged ???? Thanks in advance

bobbykerr

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    When we were young my brother an I would play around with an old army field marshal telephone. Put your fingers on the two wire terminals and wind the handle of the phone. It felt like someone was shaking your brain from the inside.

We also played around with mustang fighter plane ignition generator. Holly crap could they kick with just a half turn.
    Those old Field crank up phones were quite the fishing tool also.............................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bob marley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon View Post
    I wouldn't put any metal on this evil piece of electronics, the scissors I used got ruined tip, high power, zzzzap

It seems u will never touch PSU of MP C8002 again, I'm afraid that turns into a phobia
    Thanks 4 the warning
    Last edited by bob marley; 01-19-2015 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Those old Field crank up phones were quite the fishing tool also.............................
    How where they used as a fishing tool? You mean fishing as in line the water....? PM me if you like, where starting to digress from the thread.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob marley View Post
    It seems u will never touch PSU of MP C8002 again, I'm afraid that turns into a phobia
    Thanks 4 the warning
    I talked to a colleague of mine today, he did the same shocking PSU removal... Perhabs a new tradition in our company