Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh Wide Format 240W / Savin 240WD / Lanier LW310

I have a Savin 2400WD Wide Format at a site (same as above models listed in the title) that will only scan a single page to PDF even though multiple pages is selected (a check placed in the box). Have tried everything in SCANTOOLS but it just won't scan but a single page. If you place a second page in right after the first one it will just copy it. Nothing was changed and the software resides on an XP just like it has for many years. Can anyone help with this?

Hair Straightener Tech 500+ Posts rsyarcia's Avatar

Re: Ricoh Wide Format 240W / Savin 240WD / Lanier LW310

Have you tried reinstalling SCANTOOLS? we have the same problem with A045 and reinstalling the application solved it(make sure license is available.)
    Nobody is perfect..

Thank you for your answer. I was hoping I would not have to do this. I am sure the software is gone and the license has expired.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I,m not sure how much luck you will have with this but at one time you could get the serial number from the card in the controller and the serial number from the machine and the computer serial number and contact Ricoh to obtain the original license number as the license number itself does not expire. Without the number do not try to reload the software or you will probably lose it all. I am not sure where it is located as it has been a while since I have worked on one but I know the license numbers can be obtained from the internal software on the controller.
    Don't expect much help from Ricoh.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I do not know if it is compatible with SCANTOOLS or not, but you could try downloading and installing Ghostscript. You might want to look for another image software that can work with TWAIN scanning and save as the format you desire. My software of choice is IrfanView. With Ghostscript and all other available add ins, it works well with PDFs. I have even had files that had been saved without a extension and Windows was unable to identify what software to open with. IrfanView identified the file type from the file contents and opened them.

Thank you also jdzr and slimslob for this very helpful information. I will try to resolve this soon and will report back what the outcome was.