Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MP 9002 Dusting

Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar

MP 9002 Dusting

I have quite a few MP9002's that I support. I am seeing more dusting with these machines than the previous model or even the 6002/7502. Ricoh released a TB to adjust some fan settings and process control and it made things terribly worse. I am having to do developer changes early in order to correct some of the issues. Anyone else dealing with this?
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP 9002 Dusting

Re: MP 9002 Dusting

You have failed to mention how many copies/prints are on these machine. Toner scattering can result from bad development filters and/or toner separator case that is past its recommended PM count. If I remember correctly, the 6002 and 7502 run the motors at the same speed and achieve different ppm by changing the timing between trail edge of one sheet and lead edge of the next. The 9002 however uses higher motor speeds. This leads to greater developer churning and scattering. If the customer has a booklet finisher and does a lot of 4 and 6 page (2 and 3 sheets) booklets, the copier spends a large amount of time churning motors while it is waiting for the booklet folding to complete. You can also get greater scattering with low pages per job ratios.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    MP 9002 Dusting

I've got 1 9002 in the feild, It's been out there for 11 months. I don't worry about dusting because the customer is running the crap out of it!!! 11 months and 1 million clicks. Yeah it will get dirty but I get life plus out of ALL the PM stuff...............................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Impulse Drive Engineer 250+ Posts CableGuy's Avatar

I have one of these in the field. It's not a high volume machine, but I've been there 3 times since install to vacuum out the ledge on the PCU cradle. I went there today with the intension of doing a PM on it, but it has only done sub 190k. This thing is over toning itself to death. At least it doesn't throw the toner all over the inside of the machine like the older models.
    Next job is to find a way of stopping this.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy View Post
    I have one of these in the field. It's not a high volume machine, but I've been there 3 times since install to vacuum out the ledge on the PCU cradle. I went there today with the intension of doing a PM on it, but it has only done sub 190k. This thing is over toning itself to death. At least it doesn't throw the toner all over the inside of the machine like the older models.
    Next job is to find a way of stopping this.
    Your problem is that this IS a high volume machine. My experience has been that the 60+ PPM Ricoh boxes are made to run: if you're under the recommended volume for them you'll get just as many problems as if it's overused.

Technician

Their are 2 versions of this m/c one is designed to do big runs and one isn't
    If the pro version is only doing odd and small copy Jobs,it will create issues as it uses more waste toner etc etc.
    cheers
    The doc

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    MP 9002 Dusting

Quote Originally Posted by the doc View Post
    Their are 2 versions of this m/c one is designed to do big runs and one isn't
    If the pro version is only doing odd and small copy Jobs,it will create issues as it uses more waste toner etc etc.
    cheers
    The doc
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????psg.pdf
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar

It's been a few weeks since the last post. I have run into more machines with the dusting issue. I am finding that the seal on the toner supply unit is separating from the "regulator" plate. This is saturating the developer and causing it to dust like crazy. I've been seeing the failure as early as 400K. This seems to be an issue on these "2 series" machines.

TSU.jpg
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt

Tech God

I am seeing this same issue on all the machines that use B0649645 developer, 6001 thru 9002. I have done 10 to 15 PM'S on this series of machine over the last couple months and have had the majority of them come back up for poor copy quality way short of the projected life. Anywhere between 36k to 90k. Just had a 9002 with only 550k total on it come back up today for the second time. I did the original PM on this machine about 80k ago it ran 44k before it puked out so much developer that it filled up the catch tray or whatever you want to call it right by the drum. At that point I replace the drum and the developer unit along with a new bag of B0649645. It only ran 36k this time before it was full again. This is the same thing that is happening with the rest of em. Talked to a few other techs today that are seeing the same issues. Im thinking the DV that's being supplied is not up to snuff. Im seeing this on machines that have 500k to 3.5M total copies, WTH is the problem. I think the DV is.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

I also was curious about the developer itself, I have machines like lanier 360s and gestetner 755s that use that same developer and lately even after their PMs i am seeing more and more early failure with developer going light or washed out within 80k to 150k pages, some are not as much volume as they should be but these machines have run years without this much of a problem until these 6002,7502, and 9002s which really aren't lasting very long at all. A recent 6002 in the field has under 120k pages on it and had to be PM'd already due to dusting and washed out pages. I have also noticed on these newer mp301s that are a redisign of the mp171 styles are craping out way early as well, their pcu's are crapping out about half life and get really dirty as though they are leaking all over, and their fusers are getting broke left and right.