Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician 50+ Posts spaniel ears's Avatar

MPC4501 SC 620-01

Got an MPC 4501 with a DF 3040 on. B/w copying seems fine through the DF but as soon as I select colour through the DF I get an SC620-01 in less than half a dozen copies usually. Also getting coloured banding on most full colour copies through the DF (see attached )
    and getting an SC 101 and SC 120 as well but not as frequent. No problems with colour printing or copying from the glass.
    Not got my hands on a spare DF or BICU as yet, just wandering if anyone else had had the problem.
    Much appreciated. 20150121_111914.jpg20150121_111914.jpg

Re: MPC4501 SC 620-01

Is this happening on scans too?

Try resetting the Scanner Application and Copier Application in SP5-801-XXX.

Service Manager 100+ Posts Moza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spaniel ears View Post
    Got an MPC 4501 with a DF 3040 on. B/w copying seems fine through the DF but as soon as I select colour through the DF I get an SC620-01 in less than half a dozen copies usually. Also getting coloured banding on most full colour copies through the DF (see attached )
    and getting an SC 101 and SC 120 as well but not as frequent. No problems with colour printing or copying from the glass.
    Not got my hands on a spare DF or BICU as yet, just wandering if anyone else had had the problem.
    Much appreciated. 20150121_111914.jpg20150121_111914.jpg
    Wow thats wierd, Im going to do a technical visit for one of our guys tomorrow for almost the same thing !!

MP C4501 with SC620 and SC101

So far hes replaced the DF, BICU, SIO and lamp regulator board. Im thinking its noise from somewhere but will let you know if I sort it tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post

The customer said no problems on scans. I'll try those resets in the morning, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Moza View Post
    Wow thats wierd, Im going to do a technical visit for one of our guys tomorrow for almost the same thing !!

So far hes replaced the DF, BICU, SIO and lamp regulator board. Im thinking its noise from somewhere but will let you know if I sort it tomorrow
    Cheers, aappreciate that. sounds like I could have a stinker on my hands, D'oh! I'll let you know if I make any progress.

unTrusted Tech 250+ Posts imaginemoko's Avatar

it seems Exposure lamp defective or Lamp stabilizer defective have you try to check the Lamp while ON? good Luck Sir..
    fix the customer first then fix the machine... its simple and makes life more easy.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC4501 SC 620-01

Per the service manual:
    ARDF communication error
    After the ARDF is detected, the break signal occurs or communication timeout occurs.
    􀂃 Incorrect installation of ARDF
    􀂃 ARDF defective
    􀂃 BICU board defective
    􀂃 External noise
    1. Check the cable connection of the ARDF.
    2. Shut out the external noise.
    3. Replace the ARDF.
    4. Replace the BICU board.

Since it only happens with color and not B/W, I would go with the SIO board or the lens block assembly, which includes the CCD board.

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post

No luck with the above. Asked the customer to try and keep an eye on things to establish exactly when the problem occurs. My own experience so far is colour copies through the DF throw up a 620 and the occasional 101 and 120 almost instantly, as yet never on black and white or colour scanning for me. The customer however tells me today that these codes came up during black and white copying and printing, 8 SC codes since yesterday and she reckons she didn't do any colour copying after I left. Definitely worse on colour copying in my experience though. I've got ferrite core filters on the power cable, finisher cable and df cable. No spare MPC 4501 knocking about to lift parts from though, D'oh!

Thumbs up Re: MPC4501 SC 620-01

Quote Originally Posted by Moza View Post
    Wow thats wierd, Im going to do a technical visit for one of our guys tomorrow for the same thing !!

Just got off the phone to a lad I used to work with who now works at Ricoh, says he's had something similar. They'd swapped the DF and scanner section and still had the problem, turned out to be the transfer belt. Did a swap between the same machines in the same building, didn't tranfer the fault to the other machine but the fault came back as soon as he swapped the belt back. Left them swapped, both machines been fine for 2 years, electrical noise somewhere in the transfer belt, no obvious signs he said. My next step I think.

Service Manager 100+ Posts Moza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spaniel ears View Post
    Just got off the phone to a lad I used to work with who now works at Ricoh, says he's had something similar. They'd swapped the DF and scanner section and still had the problem, turned out to be the transfer belt. Did a swap between the same machines in the same building, didn't tranfer the fault to the other machine but the fault came back as soon as he swapped the belt back. Left them swapped, both machines been fine for 2 years, electrical noise somewhere in the transfer belt, no obvious signs he said. My next step I think.
    Managed to sort mine quite easily today. It turned out to be a broken bias wire in the transfer unit which is wierd because normally when this happens you loose that particular colour normally yellow but this time copy quality was perfect.

When I got there the machine had logged an SC492 along with the rest and I new I had seen that before so took me straight to it.

Hope yours turns out just as well. Good luck !