Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post

Now we go and change this and then that and strangely most of the parts wear out at the same time as thats what they were designed to do
    OK, thats true but there are some parts that certianly do the double, that I can guarantee you. if you work in town theres no need to put in all PM parts at once. "got a katana with 1000K still the same pick-up roller separation roller and belt, just clean with felt, works full day ARDF no constant jams, just normal jams with some punched originals" service manual: replace 120K
    what do you say about this?
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iMind View Post
    "got a katana with 1000K still the same pick-up roller separation roller and belt, just clean with felt, works full day ARDF no constant jams, just normal jams with some punched originals" service manual: replace 120K
    The machine may have a million but the what is the ADF counter?
    Last edited by Ricoh-ono; 05-10-2008 at 04:19 AM.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Ricoh-ono View Post
    The machine may have a million but the what is the ADF counter?
    OK, well observed, you got me on that one, right, on monday IŽll print a SMC and give you the correct number but certianly its done twice or three times the PM. hehehe, just remember who byes a katana rarely work with platen glass. LOL

OK, well observed, you got me on that one, right, on monday I´ll print a SMC and give you the correct number but certianly its done twice or three times the PM. hehehe, just remember who byes a katana rarely work with platen glass. LOL
    Understand this, I don´t recomend doing bad PMs, I also know what a Adonis can become with a no good PM, could get toner up to your Head, LOL
    " I just said some parts could double the counts", 13 years of Ricoh experience can learn you that. You and me can change every thing because we have the backgound to support us, but a tech with low budjet could certianly pass over some of the PM parts as long as he knows what his doing.
    controling Vsp, Vsg, ID, auto process control and so on, and not doing memory clears for every f* reason, you, we all know that crap...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    OK, thats true but there are some parts that certianly do the double, that I can guarantee you. if you work in town theres no need to put in all PM parts at once. "got a katana with 1000K still the same pick-up roller separation roller and belt, just clean with felt, works full day ARDF no constant jams, just normal jams with some punched originals" service manual: replace 120K
    Agreed the df rollers and belt we rarely change in the life of any machine in the Ricoh range. Clean them up and off they go, change the sep roller now and then.
    But its worth ensuring the rollers are removed to stop a bulit up dust which gives that horrible squeeking noise. Also using sillicon oill or polish on the glass helps to prolong the life of the glass and reduce jams.

I know many parts last longer and adjust for that, changing certain key parts prolongs the life of others i find. Also PM is not just about changing parts its about maintaining the machine cleaning away bulid up of dust and lubing and greasing the correct parts so the copier runs in the best condtion.
    Relying on Em's is risky and means these copiers which were really good and realiable for long periods of time and copies for the first year or so suddenly need either huge amounts of emgency work or realabilty drops off dramtically.

Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post
    Agreed the df rollers and belt we rarely change in the life of any machine in the Ricoh range. Clean them up and off they go, change the sep roller now and then.
    But its worth ensuring the rollers are removed to stop a bulit up dust which gives that horrible squeeking noise. Also using sillicon oill or polish on the glass helps to prolong the life of the glass and reduce jams.

I know many parts last longer and adjust for that, changing certain key parts prolongs the life of others i find. Also PM is not just about changing parts its about maintaining the machine cleaning away bulid up of dust and lubing and greasing the correct parts so the copier runs in the best condtion.
    Relying on Em's is risky and means these copiers which were really good and realiable for long periods of time and copies for the first year or so suddenly need either huge amounts of emgency work or realabilty drops off dramtically.
    Well said.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Ricoh-ono View Post
    Well said.
    Ye, I also agee, but most of them go thru to the next PM by only cleaning and checking the most important parts, no reason to name them out, because they are Ricohs Hehehe..............

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    just remember who byes a katana rarely work with platen glass. LOL
    Sadly some of the law firms and schools in particular do a lot of glass work and boy does that hammer the units. Think yourself very lucky

OK, well observed, you got me on that one, right, on monday I´ll print a SMC and give you the correct number but certianly its done twice or three times the PM. hehehe, just remember who byes a katana rarely work with platen glass. LOL
    OK, here´s my correction, Adf front side 482,323K back side 130,091K, still over PM limits hehe, "Its a Ricoh"
    Remember I don´t recomend bad PM.

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Ye, I also agee, but most of them go thru to the next PM by only cleaning and checking the most important parts, no reason to name them out, because they are Ricohs Hehehe..............
    I think a lot of that has to do with the machine environment and originals being run through the ADF. But, I agree that the ADF units are very reliable on these units.

Also, it doesn't take much more than 5 minutes to swap out new feed components and there are not copious amounts of toner when you need to.