Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

mp 7502 adf jam/misfeed

according to customer, this adf jams alot (smc agrees), seems to be happening more on landscape. last time i was there, i ran over 750 sheets thru doc feeder with no issue.

customer has left one example in the feeder, paper seems to stop at the entrance of the curve heading down to slit glass (never makes it), nothing seems to stop it (no tears or creases on lead edge), and paper is fan folding trying to go thru.

jam codes reflect skew and exit. 07 codes mainly. have cleaned the heck out of sensors and path, mylar seems good. any ideas on this one?

Technician

Re: mp 7502 adf jam/misfeed

I have the same issue on a MP 9002. I have replaced the torque limiters and most of the one way clutches with no luck. I have the paper feed sensors on order. I'll let you know if that helps.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I had a similar problem on the C6000's and b&w 6000 series, paper would just stop at lead edge but back kept feeding. Tightening the tension on the transport timing belt in back fixed it.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Config page instructions for copiers, printers, & fax machines

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by myxer1234 View Post
    I have the same issue on a MP 9002. I have replaced the torque limiters and most of the one way clutches with no luck. I have the paper feed sensors on order. I'll let you know if that helps.
    I replaced the ADF paper sensors and tightened the ADF transport belt but it still has the same issue. I can't duplicate the problem but SMC confirms 07 jam issue also.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mp 7502 adf jam/misfeed

I have had problems when the surface of the feed belt becomes impregnated with dust. When the pick up roller lifts off the paper, the belt does not have enough bite to keep keep the paper moving. I have also had the inside surface of the belt become dirty and slip.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

We replaced the torque limiters with those from the 2060 (A2936399) and it fixed the problem.