Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

A heads up on Java

Howdy,

Just recently we have discovered that the newer models that have Java 10.x, 11.x, and even 12.x are extremely picky about the version of Java versus the version of the System/Copy firmware.

if you weed through the readme file included with each Java update, you will find this is explained: each version of Java shows the required version(s) of System/Copy.

There will also be the recommended settings for the Heap and Stack sizes. HINT: Do NOT be a hero and max these out, it has an adverse effect.

Also found out yesterday that version 10.20 is now out, but is erroneously labelled 10.19. :>}

Joy, joy.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    A heads up on Java

Re: A heads up on Java

Have you run into the SOP phase 2 yet??????? Still fighting with the smart device connector on iOS and Droid..............
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    A heads up on Java

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Have you run into the SOP phase 2 yet??????? Still fighting with the smart device connector on iOS and Droid..............
    I connected the one we have in our office a few days ago, worked well. Where are you running into a problem?

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Can't say I have, but I know of a location out of state that is running Streamline on MPC003s with the Smart Op Panels, at least in a testing mode for now.
    I don't know if that's a Phase 2 model or not... never heard the term before.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    A heads up on Java

FInally got mine going thanks to a Ricoh tsm I have good contact with. He provided doc's that I couldn't find for the set up.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations