Trusted Tech 250+ Posts Athlontini's Avatar

"Load 8 1/2 x 11 paper" MPC3003 ADF

Time to poll the experts.

Client has a MPC3003 with the DF3090. This issue is specifically when trying to duplex - either single-sided to two-sided or two-sided to two-sided. DF pulls the first sheet halfway in and issues the message. All sensors are firing in input modes. It'll feed simplex all day long.

The only input mode for the DF that I couldn't find a sensor for was "rear edge detect" - if that's my issue I'd love to know where it is. Even Ricoh's cronies are failing especially hard on this one. Tried to refer me to the bulletin on J014's for this model. Couldn't understand that the bulletin is for a jam on the LAST page - I'd love for that to be my problem.

haaaaaalp

Re: "Load 8 1/2 x 11 paper" MPC3003 ADF

There's a phrase that's stuck with me for years, and I don't remember where it originally came from, but it goes like this: "The solution to a problem will always come to you about 45 minutes after posting it to a forum."

This must be a special place because this time it only took 15 minutes: some genius disabled duplex on tray 1.

Thanks for the magic!

I had a similar problem a few weeks back, turned out to be a staple stuck in a gear. When you try to feed, does the DF make a high pitched noise? If it does this is the sound of a motor turning against the force of a stuck shaft.

Read edge detection is the actuator that sticks up just before the feed roller assembly. I have marked it on the following image.

Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah, that looks like the flag that's mentioned in the bulletin. Apparently some of them have burrs on them and can get stuck. I'm definitely keeping an eye on those when I work on these machines also.