Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Proplem with ricoh aficio mp c2500

Hello,

i have a ricoh aficio mp c2500 color copier and it driving me crazy :@

when i put a paper on the glass and give an order to copy , the machine start copying fine
    but the copied paper has completly black part all the way down but if i put my fingers under the touch panel and give a slight push up it works fine
    and if i press down the black blank part gets bigger , i dont know what the hell is this , the scanner works fine and no proplem with it because as i said when i left up it works fine and the copied paper is good , but i dont know what to do , please help

i can post pictures to make it easy for you to help me , but please give me some advice , i know its something easy to fix but i cant figure it out

i can also explain the proplem in a video to make it easier to understand the proplem , please help

thanks in advance

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Max's Avatar

Re: Proplem with ricoh aficio mp c2500

Printed copy coming out black? and ok if you push on the ops panel from underneath?
    Probably easier if you make a video.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Printed copy coming out black? and ok if you push on the ops panel from underneath?
    Probably easier if you make a video.
    if i print from a computer it comes out fine , when i print a test page from the machine it self , it also comes out fine with no proplems , but the proplem when i use the copier

what i meant by pushing ( imagine this with me ) , i put about 4 fingers under the panel then i lift the panel up ( not so hard about a couple millimeters ) it copies the paper just fine with no proplem.

if i put 4 fingers on the panel and push down , the proplem gets worse and the black area gets bigger

p.s : if i lift or push up or down from any place the same thing happens , its not limited to the ops panel area

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Proplem with ricoh aficio mp c2500

Possibly someone has been leaning on the left corner of the panel and has deformed it down. Usually causes skewed copies but if it is deformed enough, the projection path can be changed enough to cause black copies.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Possibly someone has been leaning on the left corner of the panel and has deformed it down. Usually causes skewed copies but if it is deformed enough, the projection path can be changed enough to cause black copies.
    thats what i thought , in your opinion what should i do ?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

On many of those scanners, if you take off the left side scanner cover, you can adjust the position of the scanner and tighten the frame screws. Just be very careful because if you position it wrong it can cause more copy image issues.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Config page instructions for copiers, printers, & fax machines

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aliomr View Post
    thats what i thought , in your opinion what should i do ?
    remove covers from left hand rear corner and square it up possibly using some shims. or perhaps just loosing the screws and lifting in place and retightening. good luck might take some time but you'll get it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wester View Post
    remove covers from left hand rear corner and square it up possibly using some shims. or perhaps just loosing the screws and lifting in place and retightening. good luck might take some time but you'll get it.
    A dead give-away for a skew scanner on any Ricoh mfp is if you lightly tap on the copy glass and you can hear it ping like the glass is lose in the frame, then you know the scanner is not sqaure and the left front edge of the scanner frame needs to be lifted. As the glass cannot be skew, it is always an easy way to check.
    Press the GREEN button!!

Technician

there is a quick solution , you can fix an arm with adjustable length to sustain scanner in the proper level , to get right copies.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Proplem with ricoh aficio mp c2500

Grab under the left front side and torque the scanner up a bit. Not very scientific, but it works if the problem is due to people leaning on it.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING