Pro 1107 Dusting

Hi, I have a couple of 1107's with toner dusting/filling up the drum lip. All pumps have been replaced, hoses, bottles, drum, drum carriage, dev unit, cleaning unit. I get about 10k in fresh dev before it fills up and dumps on top of the reg unit. Is here any Sp's I should be changing/checking? Firmware is up to date.

Any help would be great

Service Manager 100+ Posts Moza's Avatar

Re: Pro 1107 Dusting

Quote Originally Posted by metrotech View Post
    Hi, I have a couple of 1107's with toner dusting/filling up the drum lip. All pumps have been replaced, hoses, bottles, drum, drum carriage, dev unit, cleaning unit. I get about 10k in fresh dev before it fills up and dumps on top of the reg unit. Is here any Sp's I should be changing/checking? Firmware is up to date.

Any help would be great

I would print "None Default" settings list first just to check if any settings for toner supply had been changed and also check "VT" to see if its overtoned.

You mentioned you had changed dev unit but did you replace the duct on top ? This can get toner hardening in the end near the pipe causing increased pressure in the dev unit and then cause toner clouding.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Pro 1107 Dusting

Quote Originally Posted by Moza View Post
    I would print "None Default" settings list first just to check if any settings for toner supply had been changed and also check "VT" to see if its overtoned.

You mentioned you had changed dev unit but did you replace the duct on top ? This can get toner hardening in the end near the pipe causing increased pressure in the dev unit and then cause toner clouding.
    When I had a severe problem with a Pro 1357EX, tech support had me change SP2201-OO3,006 and 009 from 200 to 270. This makes the ID patch darker and process control will then lower the toner concentration. Prior to making the change, the machine would dust up enough that it would start to coat the bottom of the drum lip which would then end up on the edge of the paper that surface is the paper guide going into the drum/transfer. If the copies start to get to light, lower it to 260 or 250.

Thanks guys,
    I will try both suggestions.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Pro 1107 Dusting

you need to know what Vt , Vref, vsg, vsp and vcontrol (vcont) are and where they should be to get an idea off whats wrong..................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

i have exact the same problem in 4 of 6 of our machines , the tech support told me i have to change dev units, because after 4 million clicks the mag rollers may have some problem.....i changed developer, pcu, transfer units and serviced the machines every few weeks.The problem appears and disappears ....i'm going mad .....
    Memento Audere Semper