Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

MP 6001 Tandem Tray

Hi Folks,

Im sure this is a really simple one but....... Have a MP6001 which another firms engineer went to and obviously found a broken tandem tray fence - not a problem / Have changed the fence only to find that the engineer has disabled the Tandem tray function - It is only showing a single bucket tray / have returned to manuals to find the only listing I can find referring to Tandem tray is SP5959 from what I can see this only adjusts between EU/US paper sizes - sure the answer must lay in User Tools somewhere but damned if I can find it -Any Ideas ?????

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: MP 6001 Tandem Tray

Quote Originally Posted by terramobil View Post
    I think the A3/11"x17" Tray Unit 415017 for tandem tray is installed. Have you checked this?
    Hi Terramobil

The machine is three years old and up until the other engineer attended it was running as a tandem tray - and currently shows A4 but as a single bucket (Customer is happy to run that way at the moment but would like to get to the bottom of it for next visit ) - according to the manual when an A3 tray is installed you need a shorting link is that correct ???? - I think the engineer just reset the tray to get around the broken Tandem Tray fence

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

Check sp 5959-001 I think thats where the paper settings in SP mode. However you may want to consult the manual i think there is a screw that under the bottom plate or something that is moved left or right to indicate weather or not the a3/dlt option is installed or if its a tandem unit. I cant remember what option there are in sp 5959-001 i think your choices are only 0=A4 and 1=8.5x11 but if the bottom plate screw is moved it may allow for non tandem use.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Counsel View Post
    Check sp 5959-001 I think thats where the paper settings in SP mode. However you may want to consult the manual i think there is a screw that under the bottom plate or something that is moved left or right to indicate weather or not the a3/dlt option is installed or if its a tandem unit. I cant remember what option there are in sp 5959-001 i think your choices are only 0=A4 and 1=8.5x11 but if the bottom plate screw is moved it may allow for non tandem use.
    Thanks counsel ,

will have ate a look when I return to the machine and will let you know

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP 6001 Tandem Tray

Quote Originally Posted by bobbykerr View Post
    Thanks counsel ,

will have ate a look when I return to the machine and will let you know
    Installation show a jumper plug that is installed to indicate that the A3/DLT tray option is installed.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

We had some issues with this tray...
    The moving "paperstack pusher" mechanism needs to lubricate from time to time.
    But i don't know the answer to your question.