Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 250+ Posts landspeeder's Avatar

Ricoh Aficio 2035 drum counter life warning

I have a rental machine way out in the country that is displaying a replace the drum soon message. Since its coming back in three weeks....is this warning just a nag message we can ignore till pick up time or will it shut the machine down after so many pages.
    Thanks
    You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.... and
    if this was an easy thing to do then everybody would be doing it! But it isn't and they are not!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio 2035 drum counter life warning

Re: Ricoh Aficio 2035 drum counter life warning

If there are no CQ problems, I would just let it stay.
    I always turn off PM alerts. Some parts will stretch beyond life depending on usage.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

Pretty sure thats the 5501 pm alarm, the manual does not say and i honestly don't remember but i think its just the warning in the display to replace drum or pcu something to that effect but i believe that is all. I think it will just stay blinking until the pm counter is reset or the 5501 sp is set to 0. I don't think the machine will stop I have seen the alarms the on machine flashing and see the pm counters at over 70k. If your customer is competent you could have then go into to sp mode and just do a 7804 pm reset, or go to 5501-001 and set it to 0 and reboot the machine.

Your main issue is really weather or not its at PM or someone forgot to reset the counter, if its over due and your customer plans to run a lot you may end up on a visit to pm anyway.

Service Manager 250+ Posts landspeeder's Avatar

Thank you for the help!!! Saves me a long drive for nothing!!! Perfect!!
    You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.... and
    if this was an easy thing to do then everybody would be doing it! But it isn't and they are not!!