Emmy

Attaching the finisher

Honesty first. I am an end user. I have no business trying to fix a copier on my own. We got offered this copier for free from a friend for our small business. We make braille accessibility kits for board games in the evenings and on weekends after our regular jobs. My expertise is in braille materials and teaching. If any of you need that, I'm your girl.

So feel free to laugh it up. I'm on my own on this one and sure to make lots of mistakes.

It is a Ricoh 3300 from a small chemical company. It came to use with 80% of its toner left and not much wear so in our very unreliable opinion, it wasn't used much.

We are having a SC 764 finisher error but I suspect its because we don't have the finisher hooked up right.

I've attached two pictures. The gap between the finisher and the copier seems way too big to me. The second picture is into the gap where the clips are. The two hooks seem to be hooked on, but I don't know if there's something else we need to do.

Advice? Thank you in advance for your patience and humor. I can already tell from your welcome that this is a great community. I'm going to keep reading the forums and hopefully I will be able to contribute a little, about something.

20150327_071947.jpg20150327_072039.jpg

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Re: Attaching the finisher

First of all switch the machine off then pull the finisher away slightly you will see a wire hanging out of the back of the finisher that plugs into a socket half way up the left hand side or the copier just below where the metal cover is on the print controller.

If you plug that In then open the front door on the finisher you will see to the left of R4 there is a metal lever possibly having a screw in it possibly not pull that lever towards you as far as you can then push the finisher back onto the brackets on the left of the copier it should then fit correctly then push the metal tab back to lock it in place.

close the finisher door and switch it on.

Oh and you will need to attach the tray to the finisher or it wont work as in the picture the stacking tray is missing

Emmy

@Bantams,

I guess we will just unhook it then, because nothing else was included. Can't argue with free, even if it doesn't include the 'stacking tray'.

Unless, is it a part you can order?

Im just refurbishing one of these in the workshop at the moment. Find attached 2 pictures of the Locking Lever. One showing it engaged (Locked) and the other showing it Disengaged. Both pictures shown without the philips / cross head screw.20150327_160017.jpg20150327_160022.jpg Regards

If you were anywhere near Yorkshire I would bring one and fit it Free of Charge It is a part you can buy but a dealer would be the place to get one from if you have a local place that does Ricoh copiers Just ring them they may have a few old finishers knocking about we have about 10 in our warehouse doing nothing the part number is B793 3311

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Attaching the finisher

I also noticed from the picture that it appears that the entrance guide plate of the finisher is bent down and striking the side of the copier below the copier exit opening. It needs to fit into the inset area of the copier exit, this will make the finisher flush then. Most likely you will have to mess around with straightening the guide plate first to make sure that paper will pass through it, making sure the gap is correct between the upper and lower plates.
    If there is a dealer or direct office near you, I would suggest asking if they have a demo room where you can examine one up close. The newer models will have a similar connection.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

image.jpg
    Just call a Ricoh tech...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

if you decide to not use the finisher, a SC 792 code will appear, not fatal. just saying the finisher is not hooked up. you can removed the bridge unit (two screws) and remove the bridge and no codes (for finisher anyways) will appear.

Not sure if you can download the installation manual of your Finisher from the Internet but it's worth a try.