Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

MPC 2800 power supply to a mpc3300. .compatible? DO23 DO25

hi
    i just went to a mpc2800 i placed 2 weeks ago where the touch screen is dead,or black.
    GOOSE GUIDE SHOWS
    display goes black - update scanner fw to 1.24 or higher & system fw to 1.24 or higher
    No display - check for input voltage, replace PSU as needed
    no display - cracked soldering on polygon mirror motor pcb
    no display - update LCDC fe to 1.09 or higher

swapped the control panel out with my shop machine wth all updated firmware after cking bypass area for pinched wire.
    no change. cked poly motor.ok
    i cked all fuses on power supply and cked connectors but still the same.

does a mpc3300 power supply work in the mpc2800?

any other things that one would check?
    the control panel leds seem to work and after 50 seconds it switched to printer and some alert led on.
    thnx in advance

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC 2800 power supply to a mpc3300. .compatible?  DO23 DO25

Re: MPC 2800 power supply to a mpc3300. .compatible? DO23 DO25

If you can access the machine with WIM, see if there is a polygon motor error.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    hi
    i just went to a mpc2800 i placed 2 weeks ago where the touch screen is dead,or black.
    Are you sure your issue isn't the very popular SC202 that you can see by shining a bright light in the display, where the Polygon motor takes out the BICU?
    If so, they must be replaced as a set, or the motor will short out the BICU again.
    Luckily I've never actually run across it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Are you sure your issue isn't the very popular SC202 that you can see by shining a bright light in the display, where the Polygon motor takes out the BICU?
    If so, they must be replaced as a set, or the motor will short out the BICU again.
    Luckily I've never actually run across it.
    What, never???? I have had this fault so many times.
    As Sandmanmac says, if this is SC202 (if you can access the WIM you'll be able to confirm this) then you must replace the polygon mirror motor and BICU as a set, if you just replace the BICU then you'll fry a second one if the faulty motor is still there
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

All this SC 20x related stuff is just valid if the screen backlight is missing but LCD still working (check with a lamp - it'll be hard to recognize):

Unplug the polygon motor, trurn off the machine - if the panel comes back the BICU isn't fried -> just replace the polygon motor and you're good to go.

If the panel doesn't comeback -> the BICU is probably fried as well (happens in most cases) - you can either try and fix the PCB (search forum) or swap the BICU and polygon motor. As statet before: Never use a healthy BICU with a faulty polygon motor.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    All this SC 20x related stuff is just valid if the screen backlight is missing but LCD still working (check with a lamp - it'll be hard to recognize):

Unplug the polygon motor, trurn off the machine - if the panel comes back the BICU isn't fried -> just replace the polygon motor and you're good to go.

If the panel doesn't comeback -> the BICU is probably fried as well (happens in most cases) - you can either try and fix the PCB (search forum) or swap the BICU and polygon motor. As statet before: Never use a healthy BICU with a faulty polygon motor.
    My understanding was that the polygon mirror motor causes the SC202, but it's the BICU that causes the blank display, hence why both are replaced at the same time. I can't see that a faulty polygon mirror motor would give you the display problem
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

ive had a bad hard drive do this to me as well....the 220/202 code showed on op panel, but i had swapped everything and no change, unplugged hdd and all restored...reformatted hdd and all was well

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If you can access the machine with WIM, see if there is a polygon motor error.
    thnx
    i cldnt get the ip address as the IT guy has everything on lockdown..Outside and hard to reach.

cant access ports on printer configuration.

honestly i never logged on a copier in WIM wth a sc code.till now wth a mpc2050 i have blowing random sc565 code.
    now i see it Call Service Center:SC565..

with regards to bicu brd and poly motor,,
    can i swap the mpc3300 parts into a mpc2800?
    thnx

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post

fix the PCB (search forum)?
    i did a search mpc2800 bicu and found lots on dreaded sc202 code and what looks like my issue..
    didnt see reference for fix the brd?
    was this for repairing bicu or plygon motor brd?
    does anyone know what goes on polgon motor?
    thnx

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    thnx
    i cldnt get the ip address as the IT guy has everything on lockdown..Outside and hard to reach.

cant access ports on printer configuration.

honestly i never logged on a copier in WIM wth a sc code.till now wth a mpc2050 i have blowing random sc565 code.
    now i see it Call Service Center:SC565..

with regards to bicu brd and poly motor,,
    can i swap the mpc3300 parts into a mpc2800?
    thnx
    IO f IT isn't available and you cannot check the IP address in the print driver on a computer, follow Sandmanmac's suggestion and shine your flashlight across the display.