Senior Tech 100+ Posts

MP301 not recovering from sleep mode

I have a school system that has 79 of these MP 301 machines. The contact at the school board has informed me that they are receiving many complaints, that when the machines go into sleep mode the machines will not come out of sleep, and the only way to get to a usable state is to power down and back on.
    All of these machines are equiped with the HDD kit, and are using Print and Copy Control (PCC).
    Has anybody else been experiencing this issue, and if so what solution have you come up with?

Re: MP301 not recovering from sleep mode

Quote Originally Posted by nodle View Post
    I have a school system that has 79 of these MP 301 machines. The contact at the school board has informed me that they are receiving many complaints, that when the machines go into sleep mode the machines will not come out of sleep, and the only way to get to a usable state is to power down and back on.
    All of these machines are equiped with the HDD kit, and are using Print and Copy Control (PCC).
    Has anybody else been experiencing this issue, and if so what solution have you come up with?
    This kind of issues most probably related to firmware. so you have to update new firmware

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Yup firmware.

There are also few energy saver related fixes for Java to, so I would update that as well.

OpsPanel v1.18

Symptom corrected:
    The LCD touch screen does not turn on when the main power switch is
    turned on (but machine functions work) or when the machine recovers
    from Energy Saver mode (but the machine can receive/print out print
    jobs).
    Note: See RTB RD#127030 for details.

*IMPORTANT: To apply this correction, you must install both of these
    firmware versions, in this order:
    LCDC version update tool #1 v1.18.1 (D1271450), and then:
    LCDC version update tool #2 v1.18.2 (D1271451)
    System/copy v3.18

Symptom corrected:
    The following may occur if the operator presses the [OK] or [Cancel]
    buttons for the software keyboard two or more times while inside the
    Administrator or Supervisor password settings screen.
    - Hard keys do not respond.
    - The machine does not recover from Sleep mode
    - SC816

Definitely make sure the firmware is the most current version. I just had a new MP301 install do very much the same thing. When the machine went into ENERGY SAVER MODE it would not always recover from sleep mode. Customer could not Copy or Print to the machine and even turning the Power Switch OFF had no effect - the power cord had to be physically removed from the wall/machine.
    Ricoh had me update the LCDC firmware (see Tech Bulletin 004); next call OP Panel; next call BICU. NEXT CALL!!!!
    On the last call Tech Support had me change the following SP settings: (1) SP 5305-101 Should be set to "0". (2) FAX SP Mode 1-101-022 Bits 1,4 and 5 should all be "1". It has been 2 weeks and the last fix seems to be the solution to the problem I had. The Op Panel and BICU were covered under warranty and the LCDC firmware was not relevant to the problem I was having. HOPE this helps!

Hi also had this issue ended up changing complete op pannel it seemed to fix my issue of not recovering from sleep mode

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

While I would highly lean toward firmware, as well, don't forget about our old nemesis...wall voltage.

No matter what else you do, if it's a problem, you will chase your tail until the proverbial cows com home.

This would also include machines where the line it is on gets turned off at night. That can play havoc with any copier. We had that happen with one customer, a chain of stores with MP 2550s, that did just that. Any that got unceremoniously shut down had numerous issues in the morning.

And for whatever it may be worth, keep in mind that any time a machine has any SDK application installed (PCC in this case), that Java plays a HUGE role in how everything operates.

Be sure that Java is current; it can cause all kinds of weird issues. Be forewarned, though, that updating it will almost definitely require reinstalling PCC. While I haven't messed with PCC myself, I have been involved with tons of GlobalScan and ELP. They require reinstallation after a Java update.

It seems that any machine that runs on Java 10, 11, or 12 is this way.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP301 not recovering from sleep mode

Talking Re: MP301 not recovering from sleep mode

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Bowen View Post
    Definitely make sure the firmware is the most current version. I just had a new MP301 install do very much the same thing. When the machine went into ENERGY SAVER MODE it would not always recover from sleep mode. Customer could not Copy or Print to the machine and even turning the Power Switch OFF had no effect - the power cord had to be physically removed from the wall/machine.
    Ricoh had me update the LCDC firmware (see Tech Bulletin 004); next call OP Panel; next call BICU. NEXT CALL!!!!
    On the last call Tech Support had me change the following SP settings: (1) SP 5305-101 Should be set to "0". (2) FAX SP Mode 1-101-022 Bits 1,4 and 5 should all be "1". It has been 2 weeks and the last fix seems to be the solution to the problem I had. The Op Panel and BICU were covered under warranty and the LCDC firmware was not relevant to the problem I was having. HOPE this helps!
    My regional rep told me that L C D C firmware updates can sometimes correct problems that seem unrelated to the display and are not mentioned in the release notes.