Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

mp4001 finisher issue

I have replaced the 790 style finisher on this machine and still it works for a week or so then the same dam thing, (it has worked since i installed it 7 months ago)
    the paper stops midway through the mouth of the fin on its way to the upper tray.... I have changed the Chip to the new ,one ending in 64 on the board of the fin, same dam thing week later same dam thing
    i changed the whole board ending in 53 with one that ends in 54 with another fin that has no problems... same dam thing.... what is this?
    oh by the way, it goes to the shift tray NO PROBLEM through this whole ordeal...
    anybody have this issue and a fix??

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Re: mp4001 finisher issue

Bend the flat springs in the finisher lid to apply more pressure on the white idlers. Sounds too simple to be true, but I have seen it numerous times. The paper is just slipping on the driven rollers and not making it through in time.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    mp4001 finisher issue

Check the bridge unit door switches, their known to cause jamming issues...........................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

You might try cleaning and relubing the bushings for the rollers. If the finisher has been used for quite a while, the bushing lube hardens and causes the rollers to stall. If any of the bushings have black stuff on them that's a good bet.
    Also check the roller drive belt tension, if it is too high it can cause the rollers to stall (I did that to myself once, as I can be a dummy sometimes).
    The drive motor for those rollers is a less likely suspect for that problem, but it is still a consideration.
    Also check that the spring is on the front of the gate on the top access cover of the finisher. If that gate doesn't change position on time it can cause a problem similar to that.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

i had this same issue. I cleaned the gray exit rollers with citrus solvent. TH\hey are on a shaft just before the finisher tray.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    Allways the same with this little buggers: clean bushings & rollers are very important, but there is a little thing that allways makes trouble, thats the holder of the entrance-sensor.
    I hope the picīs speak for themselfes 20150422_084920.jpg20150422_084953.jpg Hope this helps.
    Greetings...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    Hi there!
    Allways the same with this little buggers: clean bushings & rollers are very important, but there is a little thing that allways makes trouble, thats the holder of the entrance-sensor.
    I hope the picīs speak for themselfes 20150422_084920.jpg20150422_084953.jpg Hope this helps.
    Greetings...
    +1

Also check the metal entrance guide (visible in the right photo above). They are soft and bend easily. If the angle is wrong or the top (swivel) part of the entrance guide is bent out of shape, it also catches the paper and slows it down.
    Press the GREEN button!!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mp4001 finisher issue

Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    oh by the way, it goes to the shift tray NO PROBLEM through this whole ordeal...
    anybody have this issue and a fix??
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    Hi there!
    Greetings...
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    +1

Also check the metal entrance guide (visible in the right photo above). They are soft and bend easily. If the angle is wrong or the top (swivel) part of the entrance guide is bent out of shape, it also catches the paper and slows it down.
    I think the fact that the jam only occurs going to the proof tray and not the shift tray rules out a problem with the entrance guide or sensor.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I think the fact that the jam only occurs going to the proof tray and not the shift tray rules out a problem with the entrance guide or sensor.
    Slimslob you have a point. Next up would be the guides and rollers in the proof tray path.
    Press the GREEN button!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

just a reminder, this is the second fin ive put on this 4001, and it works for a week or so then goes south.... so would the guides and rollers cause their mischief right away, and two fins same problem?
    works for a few days then pops its malfunction head?
    and i made sure the fin is for the 4001 series to boot..