Technician

Ricoh C6000 not able to do the DV setup procedure?

I have 2 of these copiers in the field and one is giving me fits when I try to do DV setup. I followed step for step from the Service Man. but when I get to the point to add the DV it wont let me, says to set Toner unit. Its supposed to be off during procedure. I have no probs with the other one. Any Thoughts, TIA.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Re: Ricoh C6000 not able to do the DV setup procedure?

With the power off, get your dev bottle set on the unit and close the front door. Then turn the power on and enter sp mode, and run the appropriate SP's. The toner supply unit obviously cant be installed when doing the procedure. You still should be able to enter SP mode.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 250+ Posts turbojetboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bocfus View Post
    I have 2 of these copiers in the field and one is giving me fits when I try to do DV setup. I followed step for step from the Service Man. but when I get to the point to add the DV it wont let me, says to set Toner unit. Its supposed to be off during procedure. I have no probs with the other one. Any Thoughts, TIA.
    Little blue handle needs to be in downwards position when loading devs, you get this message if its in the raised position (put it back up when reinstalling hopper). Its possible the sensor that detects this arms position at the rear of itb assy is dirty.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bocfus View Post
    There's a know bug at service manual when this procedure are explain, service manual ask to do development setup but machine still asking for toner ununit.the work around is to prepare the development bottle at entrance of dev unit and turn dev motor for that color at 5804 in service mode.amode.after dev bottle becomes empty take out the bottle, put toner unit bac on, switch off machine, turn on again with front door open ( this part is very important) this will not allow machine to make process control, when machine ask to close front door, enter service mode, now you close the door and do dev setup execute procedure.iprocedure.I like to make this procedure for every color, takes a little longer but for me is more safety.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Also the toner bank setting error can be caused by the dev unit not being completely emptied of the old dev. Personally I spend at least 10-15 minutes on each dev unit, vacuuming it out, turning the mag roller, vacuuming it again, turn it over and give it a shake etc. That makes sure there is absolutely none of the old developer in the unit. Also, only fit the new dev containers when you've gotten into SP mode and are ready to do the fill. If any new developer makes it anywhere near the TD sensor, you'll again get the toner bank setting error.

Basically, the Venus dev fill procedure is a nightmare and whoever came up with it needs their nuts/lady garden stoving in with a pair of steel toe cap boots.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.