Senior Tech 250+ Posts

MP6001 dead op panel

Hello all,
    I have an MP6001 with a dead (dark) op panel. I hear fans and the "main power" led on the op panel is green. Pressing the "power" button produces nothing. I removed the drum unit (in case of a shorted Drum Potential Sensor) Checked all outputs on power supply, all 5 and 24v present. No open fuses. I cannot web into the machine nor can I ping it. Thoughts?

Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar

Re: MP6001 dead op panel

LCDC PCB, maybe. There was a firmware update, lcdc 1.06, that addressed the black display before the resistor burned out. I've also seen a bad BICU cause this condition on smaller color units.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Possibly a shorted harness. Pull out all trays, disconnect all accessories and switch on. If it comes up, plug in / close stuff until it doesn't.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

if you shine a flashlight onto the panel at the right angle, you might be able to see an SC code.

i had a c4000 do that to me, the SC code was 202, polygon, but replaced that and a few boards with no luck, unplugged hdd and machine and panel came back to life.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks for the reply's. I had EVERYTHING out of the machine, all drawers removed, fuser, drum unit, t-belt unit, developer unit, anything that might have a short. All 24v and 5v are present as they should be. Op panel has 24v on pin 1, 5v on pins 5,7 and 11. Pretty sure it's a shorted NVRAM that took the controller with it. Not sure how I'm going to swap the NVRAM when I can't see the op panel but I'll figure it out. Will let you know what fixes it.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP6001 dead op panel

There are a number of other post dealing with this problem on other high volume Ricoh models. The polygon mirror motor goes out and takes the board that drives the polygon motor. Ricoh bulletin says to replace both. At least one of the other threads has steps to repair the board.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MP6001 dead op panel

Quote Originally Posted by logrady2331 View Post
    Hello all,
    I have an MP6001 with a dead (dark) op panel. I hear fans and the "main power" led on the op panel is green. Pressing the "power" button produces nothing. I removed the drum unit (in case of a shorted Drum Potential Sensor) Checked all outputs on power supply, all 5 and 24v present. No open fuses. I cannot web into the machine nor can I ping it. Thoughts?

Im Facing this problem at Ricoh MPC3000, MPC3300 and MPC5000. This problem will effect in Colour Copier only.

The main problem is the Polygon Motor Shock the LD Unit and BICU Board until spoil. So you need to change the Polygon Motor, LD Unit and BICU Board at the same time.

Don't just change the New Polygon Motor only because the LD Unit can shock and spoil back the Polygon Motor again.

Im not sure your problem are the same with me. But you can try....

Good LUck.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Controller bad. Replaced it, re-installed firmware for good measure and it works like a champ now. Thanks for the help.

Thumbs up Re: MP6001 dead op panel

Got exactly the same issue on MT C-4 Series, only i can visualized SC670 on the LCD panel through a flashlight at the right angle, I may have to try the Controller Board as well as the BICU Board.. plus the fwu on lcdc later on.. thanks...