Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SC995-01 on Infotec MP C2050

I have recently bought an Infotech MP C2050 off eBay and when I plugged the copier in I got the error message SC995-01 straight away.

I have phoned 3 different Engineer companies and had 3 different responses - 1 was just a quote for them to come out and fix it, the next telling me they could fix it over the phone but I wasn't in front of the copier at the time and the 3rd told me to send the copier back to wherever it came from as it could be extremely costly to fix.

Could anybody advise me (in idiot form!!) how to attempt to fix the problem myself?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

Re: SC995-01 on Infotec MP C2050

Quote Originally Posted by BenDuke View Post
    I have recently bought an Infotech MP C2050 off eBay and when I plugged the copier in I got the error message SC995-01 straight away.

I have phoned 3 different Engineer companies and had 3 different responses - 1 was just a quote for them to come out and fix it, the next telling me they could fix it over the phone but I wasn't in front of the copier at the time and the 3rd told me to send the copier back to wherever it came from as it could be extremely costly to fix.

Could anybody advise me (in idiot form!!) how to attempt to fix the problem myself?
    The serial number is mismatch. Do you know how to go to SP mode of the machine?

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

I suppose the best way is to get in front of the machine and call the tech back that offered to walk you through it over the phone.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

One has to assume that the machine was in working condition from the seller? So I would suggest that it's probably not the simple solution of just entering the proper Serial # in Service mode.
    My guess is that something happened in shipping that either loosened and/or damaged either the BCU or controller.
    However, as Mika suggested, call back the guy who offered to help you over the phone and see what happens. Otherwise, ship it back

I have managed to check the serial numbers in service mode - they both match the serial number of the machine shown on the error message when that flags up. (not sure if this is correct or not)

I rang the company back yesterday but unfortunately didnt get the same person I spoke to earlier in the day. They said they'd ring me back but it'll be Sod's Law I'll be at work and wont be stood in front of the copier to try and fix over the phone.

I just wondered if somebody could possibly pre-empt what the bloke was going to say so I'd have it written down and could try it when I can get down to where the copier is.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

It's either a deffective BCU card, or wrong serial number.

Enter service mode with yellow - 1 0 7 - press and hold the red button for 5 sec until service mode appears.

Enter Copy SP service mode on the top of the menu by clicking it while holding down # to enter speccial service mode.

Type 5811004 and then #

Type in the correct serialnumber found on the plate on the back of the machine, by clicking "Soft Keyboard" then the serialnumber, then "ok"

Turn machine off/on.

If this does not help, ask the seller if it worked before they shipped it, if it did (and he does not lie), I would check all connections on the BCU card.

try to change the serial number starting with V229 and copy the remaining digits, on your existing serial number. set that on SP mode SP5811. hope it could fix your problem.
    .....with all it shams, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.....

I have tried all of the suggestions above but unfortunately had no luck.

I did check with the seller before buying that the machine was in full working order and was told it was and the reason for the sale was the end of a lease. However I have sent them a message about the error this week and had no reply so now I am doubtful whether the machine did work when we picked it up.

It is possible something could've come loose during transit so I imagine this is the final check (probably by an engineer unless it is relatively easy to locate the BCU card) before attempting to return the machine to the seller.

Thanks again for your help

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BenDuke View Post
    I have managed to check the serial numbers in service mode - they both match the serial number of the machine shown on the error message when that flags up. (not sure if this is correct or not)

I rang the company back yesterday but unfortunately didnt get the same person I spoke to earlier in the day. They said they'd ring me back but it'll be Sod's Law I'll be at work and wont be stood in front of the copier to try and fix over the phone.

I just wondered if somebody could possibly pre-empt what the bloke was going to say so I'd have it written down and could try it when I can get down to where the copier is.
    Do they match the number on the serial number plate on the back cover?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Herostrat's Avatar

I'm afraid you got tricked...someone was messing around with NVRAM or Controllor box on that machine.
    I'm guessing they sold u faulty machine on ebay on purpose.
    When conrollor board has to be replaced you take new board and mount it on machine but with NVRAM chip mounted on it from the old machine so that it can keep old counter and old setings related to...preety much ewerything from toner density to network setings,most importantly in your case the NVRAM chip holds the serial number...and that number has to corespond with serial number programed on chip that is on BICU board.
    I think main issue here is that your machine eather have wrong BICU board or have tempered chip on BICU board...you can't figure out what serial number is programed on it and you can't type that number.
    I'd say you need to instal both controllor and BICU board from another machine (but both boards have to come from same machine) if something like that can be found on the market.
    It used to be easy to rebuild or salvage old machines with used boards that are lying around the workshop...just mount them and it's working...nowdays it's more dificult.
    Gears,springs,clutches,sliders,connectors and electronics...who on earth can tell what's wrong with it?